Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Will it be worth it on a small shot?
Yes
58.33%
No
0%
75 shot is for Civics
41.67%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

NANO Poll

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 10:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default NANO Poll

Most places I've read people are using NANO on bigger shots.

I am running a 100 dry shot right now with the HSW Interface. NANO suggests taking 20% of the nitrous off and leave fueling the same...

So...let's just say I use a 75rwhp jet with the 100shot fueling...1/4 mile gains? Yes or no

(The reason for jetting down instead of fueling up would be because I'm running a dry shot on stock injectors)
Old 12-10-2008, 09:54 AM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

with a "dry" shot the PCM would handle the fueling for you..no need to change anything unless you are wanting to maitain the same power level. If you are not wanting to increase the power output of the nitrous system you will need to decrease the size of the nitrous jet.

The reason for this is when using the NANO you are flowing pure liquid nitrous through the jet.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:01 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jetlag
Most places I've read people are using NANO on bigger shots.

I am running a 100 dry shot right now with the HSW Interface. NANO suggests taking 20% of the nitrous off and leave fueling the same...

So...let's just say I use a 75rwhp jet with the 100shot fueling...1/4 mile gains? Yes or no

(The reason for jetting down instead of fueling up would be because I'm running a dry shot on stock injectors)
Since you're using the Interface, your assumption is true. You will need to bump the nitrous jet down and run a slightly higher fuel setting on the Interface since you want to be cautious on the stock injectors. Nice thing with the Interface if you need it to compensate for the steady state bottle pressure up top, you can use the top end fueling feature to add fueling up in the RPM's.

Thanks!

Nick
Old 12-10-2008, 10:02 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Ray@Nitrous Outlet
with a "dry" shot the PCM would handle the fueling for you..no need to change anything unless you are wanting to maitain the same power level. If you are not wanting to increase the power output of the nitrous system you will need to decrease the size of the nitrous jet.

The reason for this is when using the NANO you are flowing pure liquid nitrous through the jet.
Not true since he is using the Interface. If it was a conventional dry kit, then yes.

Nick
Old 12-10-2008, 10:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

id say its worth it you'll be using all the nitrous in the bottle and have good bottle pressure alway. if u hav the money for it then do it!
Old 12-10-2008, 10:06 AM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

Originally Posted by Nick@HSW
Not true since he is using the Interface. If it was a conventional dry kit, then yes.

Nick

I missed that....thats what I get for speed reading the post...I will go sit in the corner .
Old 12-10-2008, 10:20 AM
FormerVendor

I missed that....thats what I get for speed reading the post...I will go sit in the corner .
lol don't forget the dunce cap.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:31 AM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

lol don't forget the dunce cap.

that went to PRI with Dave and Chris
Old 12-10-2008, 10:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Sucks, I wanted to meat the Nitrous Outlet guys, no PRI for me this year.......

I'd say get the NANO just so you can use the whole bottle. I'm sure even on a small shot there is a pressure drop also, no?
Old 12-10-2008, 11:07 AM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

yep...any shot size will see pressure drop.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:31 PM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

For the guys voting in the poll please note that by stepping down to the "75" jet it will still make 90-100HP at the wheels.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:42 PM
11 Second Club

. Nice thing with the Interface if you need it to compensate for the steady state bottle pressure up top, you can use the top end fueling feature to add fueling up in the RPM's.

Thanks!

Nick
Nick, can you explain that part a little more... I've read something about that....not sure exactly but it was something like on a normal system the pressure drop would be ok with the stock tune, because of engine heat,causing a lean condition, dropping pressure making it richen back up, blah, blah blah, I don't know..you tell me..hah

For the guys voting in the poll please note that by stepping down to the "75" jet it will still make 90-100HP at the wheels.
But the good thing being that it will be from start to finish
Old 12-13-2008, 12:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exactly, you will be getting a tad richer with no NANO as you are losing pressure in your nitrous bottle and lower pressure equals a smaller quantity of nitrous flowing out of the jet as you progressively get deeper into your run. However, there is a fix for that also, the Interface can also lean the a/f ratio out on the top end, can go positive or negative fueling as an add on to your set a/f ratio.
Robert
Old 12-16-2008, 09:49 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by jetlag
Nick, can you explain that part a little more... I've read something about that....not sure exactly but it was something like on a normal system the pressure drop would be ok with the stock tune, because of engine heat,causing a lean condition, dropping pressure making it richen back up, blah, blah blah, I don't know..you tell me..hah

But the good thing being that it will be from start to finish
haha sorry Matt I stopped watching this thread...I thought me and Ray de-railed it. Robert above me is correct. You would just use the top end fueling feature to add the additional fuel enrichment that normally doesn't occur without nano.

Nick