Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How bad is it to run WOT with a......

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 03:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How bad is it to run WOT with a......

How bad is it to run wide open throttle N/A if you are "TUNED" at Wide open throttle with a 150shot and 108octane?

Another words, if i get my car tuned to my 150 shot of nitrous with 108octane, coming from a seperate dedicated fuel system (or stand alone system), what would the car react like if I ran Wide Open Throttle N/A on the cars regular tank of gas which is 93octane? Remember, the car will be tuned for the 150 shot on 108gas.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:13 PM
TECH Regular

I'd assume you'd just be running very rich at WOT. However, since you mentioned being tuned for 108 octane, I'm not sure how safe it'd be to run pump gas N/A. All depends on the tune. There may be too much timing in your tune to safely run pump gas at WOT. Not sure though.

Can't you have it tuned for N/A and the Nitrous situation? I think you can either flash your ECU with the appropriate tune for the appropriate situation. Probably some nitrous controller's that will let you have multiple tunes as well.

Probably a good bit of information already on here. Do a search and see if you can't come up with some similar situations.

Good luck!
Old 01-15-2009, 03:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just use 108 in a stand alone and pull enough timing for the 150 shot. It will be fine at WOT without the nitrous...it will just slow the car down a little bit...untill you turn the gas back on.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:02 PM
11 Second Club

So using the 108octane, you would still have to pull timing on the computer? I thought the more octane the less timing you would have to pull? ...again, im just trying to learn more of this before I go somewhere and have them talk to me about something I have no idea about. Thanks in advace guys!!!
Old 01-15-2009, 04:19 PM
11 Second Club

you dont really need 108 for that shot, Im running 93 on a nitrous only tune and there was no drop in my trap speed on the nitrous tune...with you being heads and cam you will probably see a drop but shouldnt be enough to justify going to a dedicated system.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:29 PM
11 Second Club

Doing a dedicated fuel system for the simple reason that a fuel pump on a corvette is shiltloads of money! I would rather try and get more horsepower from using the 150shot and ofcourse the added horses from the 108 while at the track.

What did you mean that I will see a drop???
Old 01-15-2009, 07:39 PM
11 Second Club

ehh..didnt know that they were expensive and if they are more then $600 DFS..I dont blame you.

As to the drop, Youll normally pull timing with nitrous which means less power N/A. the 2-4 we pulled out of mine didnt hurt it at all.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:28 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I personally like to run C-16 in my dedicateds. Since you have heads cam etc the timming is up in the air. It really depends on how radical they were on the NA timing. You really need to moniture and see if it needs timing removed. If ou are just wanting to run max timing NA but be right for nitrous check out the lingerfelter timing controller. I just installed one and it took me 10 minutes. Its was a piece of cake and It waqs done on top of the motor.
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...roduct_id=3467

Dave
Old 01-16-2009, 07:48 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
I personally like to run C-16 in my dedicateds. Since you have heads cam etc the timming is up in the air. It really depends on how radical they were on the NA timing. You really need to moniture and see if it needs timing removed. If ou are just wanting to run max timing NA but be right for nitrous check out the lingerfelter timing controller. I just installed one and it took me 10 minutes. Its was a piece of cake and It waqs done on top of the motor.
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...roduct_id=3467

Dave
I was actually looking at your dedicated fuel systems. Lethal Performance in san antonio, is the one that pointed yours out. But now you opened my eyes to the timing controller. That is a pretty sweet gadget!! Im assuming its pretty easy to work with as far as retarding the timing?

One last thing, where does that timing control module get connected too?? ...and how does the rev limiter work on this module??

Last edited by fastvet; 01-16-2009 at 08:32 AM.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:25 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We sale a lot of our dedicated fuel systems We have the C5 sitting on the shelf.

With the Lingerfelter it plugs in between the coild packs. There is one wire that is hooked up at the controll box. The controll box has switches where you set the retard you are looking for. This unit also has a two step built in.

I was very impressed with how fast the install went.
Dave
Old 01-17-2009, 12:34 AM
TECH Regular

My setup is for NA on pump gas, and N20 with 104. 26* of timing, works out for both setups. Even though I have HPtuners, this is a condensed tune so im not constantly changing them out. I also have a pumpgas N20 tune.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by chetmo
My setup is for NA on pump gas, and N20 with 104. 26* of timing, works out for both setups. Even though I have HPtuners, this is a condensed tune so im not constantly changing them out. I also have a pumpgas N20 tune.
NICE!!!!
Old 01-20-2009, 01:05 AM
11 Second Club

I just use an efilive custom os tune. Drive to the track, bolt on tyres, turn on the bottle & go race. If I run out of gas it still uses an optimized N/A tune without ever having to reflash the computer.