Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lean spike

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009 | 04:11 PM
11 Second Club

Sounds like what my GTO was doing. I put a standalone in and have 60psi all the time now no matter what. Much easier then redoing the entire fuel system too.
Old 02-05-2009 | 06:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 2001z
Just seems like it is just sucking the line dry on the hit and it is trying to recover . I have a fuel guage at the fuel rail and i have one in my pillar pod. I guess a stand alone at this point is my only choice or a return style system. I know i need injectors on motor they were 95% . Just done see why i have to have one with this small of a hit
That's exactly what it's doing. A cure for that is to have the regulator and return at the rails. when they are at the tank area, it's takes an amount of time to sense the need for more fuel, then it takes another amount of time to send the new volume, and thus it starting lean but catching up later. You have the capacity to support your system. having the reg at the rails it will be able to sense and change the fueling needs instantly. the stand alone can accomplish what you need also. I have supported well over 600hp doing this mod with a good single in tank pump, and the hot wire trick. sent you a PM.

Robert
Old 02-05-2009 | 08:02 PM
Banned

Thanks for your help robert i greatly appreciate it. I am prob gonna do the stand alone now since its pretty much a guarntee fix and will support a big shot when i rebuild . I will work on doing the regulator,injectors and new fuel rails as soon as i get more funds for future mods.

Thanks,
Tim