Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do I need to spray 75 dry shot on my STOCK LS6?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 01:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do I need to spray 75 dry shot on my STOCK LS6?

Thats right, I have a bone stock Z06 2004 model. Stock 28.8 Injectors, stock clutch, stock fuel pump, etc. I have a dry dynotune set up. I already bought NGK TR6 plugs, a purge kit, bottle warmer and pressure gauge, and a rpm window switch.

What else do I need? Do I need to pull any timing for a 75 shot? Even if its 1 or 2 degrees just to be absolutely safe? Will my stock injectors be fine and not max out on duty cycle? Will my pump flow enough fuel? I just do not want to detonate...

Please help me, and dont tell me to search because I have done that plenty. Every persons car and situation is different, and I just want to be as carefull as I can and not kill my engine.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:31 AM
On The Tree

You guys suck. Thanks for looking but not givin me a bit of insight
Old 01-28-2009, 09:19 AM
Chris@NitroDaves

How much power is the car making right now? Also do you know what the duty Cycle is right now?

If the car is as stock as you say then you should be ok getting away with the 75hp shot. If you wanted to be on the safer side you could take out 2-3*.

-Chris
Old 01-28-2009, 12:04 PM
On The Tree

The car is stock. It has stock Z06 exhaust, and has the stock air intake but has what looks like some sort of aftermarket K&N filter at the end. Nothing else. I do not know what my duty cycle is right now, so how can I find out?
Old 01-28-2009, 09:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe people are looking for the same answers that why they're just looking and not posting anything. Well anyway I believe a dry kit requires upgraded fuel injectors and a fuel pump would probably be a good idea to be on the safe side. Seems like you have the important safety equipment for the kit and if I were you I would get the car tuned. You should look at the nitrous sticky. You'll be sure to find answers for all your questions there. Good luck bro
Old 01-29-2009, 07:46 AM
On The Tree

thanks!
Old 01-29-2009, 09:32 AM
Chris@NitroDaves

Originally Posted by ferrari360man
The car is stock. It has stock Z06 exhaust, and has the stock air intake but has what looks like some sort of aftermarket K&N filter at the end. Nothing else. I do not know what my duty cycle is right now, so how can I find out?
The only way that you wil be able to look at the duty cycle would be to use eihter HP Tuners, LS1 Edit, or autotap.

With the car having only a filter you should be fine spraying the car on a 75hp shot. We have more than several customers spraying stock camaro's, TA's, and Vettes with 75 -125hp without a problem.

IF you wanted to be a little safer even though it's a dry kit you could add a FPSS ( Fuel pressure safety switch ) to the system.

-Chris
Old 01-29-2009, 01:08 PM
On The Tree

how does the FPSS install on the car and work?
Old 01-29-2009, 01:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

I installed mine on the end of the schrader valve (the twist off cap on the end of the fuel rails). You can get a two way adapter to plug both an FPSS and a sender for a fuel pressure gauge

In easy terms, it shuts off the nitrous system if your fuel pressure is below a safe level

In longer terms, if the fuel pressure gets too low (you can set the low level to whatever you want it at) the contacts are seperated (it's a mechanical spring switch) thus removing the ground, which removes the ground going to your relay, which will not allow the solenoid(s) to open
Old 01-29-2009, 02:03 PM
FormerVendor

I believe we have been speaking on vette forum correct? Another option would be to use the MicroEDGE's built in lean shut down switch in place of the FPSS or in conjunction with for the ultimate in safety. It is hands down the best window switch on the market today.

Nick
Old 02-17-2009, 07:56 PM
On The Tree

Where do you get a FPSS that you can set to a certain level to shut off at? My fuel pressure was around 60. What is the minimum it should be safely?
Old 02-18-2009, 05:40 AM
FormerVendor

Where do you get a FPSS that you can set to a certain level to shut off at? My fuel pressure was around 60. What is the minimum it should be safely?
Most of the vendors carry them as do we. There is actually a small plug in the middle that you can remove and adjust it accordingly. You're going to have to first monitor if you have any pressure drops in the system prior to setting the fpss.

Nick

Quick Reply: What do I need to spray 75 dry shot on my STOCK LS6?