Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

window switch?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 03:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default window switch?

i have m6 and i am putting a dry shot on it and i am tossed up about how to engage it need some idea's thanks
Old 01-27-2009, 04:20 PM
FormerVendor

That would be one of the first accessories that I recommend. Check out our MicroEDGE controller. Features a built in TPS, dual stage window switch, a/f shut down switch and a bunch of delays and gear lockouts. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.

Nick
Old 01-27-2009, 05:06 PM
11 Second Club

so this woul display a/f ratio so i wouldnt need to buy a wide band gauge and the gear lock out what exacly is that
Old 01-28-2009, 10:02 AM
FormerVendor

It does display a/f as well as a few other readings. The gear lock out features prevents the nitrous from spraying in certain gears. Like say you didn't want to spray anything in 1st gear, 1 stage in 2nd and both stages in 3rd. The microedge can handle all of it for you.

Nick
Old 01-28-2009, 10:42 AM
Chris@NitroDaves

Originally Posted by milleniumm6z28
so this woul display a/f ratio so i wouldnt need to buy a wide band gauge
If you decide to go with the Microedge then you will still need to buy a Wideband sensor and a harness for the most accurate results.

We also offer a very nice window switch that will suite your needs aswell.
Single Channel
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...roduct_id=2885

Dual Channel
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...product_id=964

-Chris
Old 01-28-2009, 10:46 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Chris@NitroDaves
If you decide to go with the Microedge then you will still need to buy a Wideband sensor and a harness for the most accurate results.
Yes, but the MicroEDGE will still display O2 voltage when used with the stock O2 sensor.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:49 AM
Chris@NitroDaves

Didn't know that..Good info Nick

-Chris
Old 01-28-2009, 11:14 AM
11 Second Club

so will i or will i not need to buy a guage as well, will the microedge still work w/o the gauge if it displays the a/f on its own
Old 01-28-2009, 11:27 AM
FormerVendor

No you will not need a gauge. You can use the display on the microedge. If you want the function of the wideband control, you will need to get something like that has an analog output. However you can still use the lean cut off feature on a stock sensor, if just won't be as accurate as a wideband.

Nick
Old 01-28-2009, 11:45 AM
TECH Regular

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

Where would be the best place to mount this?
Old 01-28-2009, 03:16 PM
11 Second Club

ok thank you will be ordering one in the near future
Old 01-28-2009, 06:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Nick@HSW
No you will not need a gauge. You can use the display on the microedge. If you want the function of the wideband control, you will need to get something like that has an analog output. However you can still use the lean cut off feature on a stock sensor, if just won't be as accurate as a wideband.

Nick
How inaccurate would it be with narrowband ? I really like all the features of this product, but really what sold me is the A/F cut off, so would it still be safe to use with narrowband ?
Old 01-28-2009, 07:59 PM
Teching In

I am interested here too.....i will be installing a 100 shot NX wet kit in the intake tube pretty soon and i have a bottle heater, purge kit and of course the NX system itself. I do not want to kill my 10 bolt any sooner than it will go (which most likely will be pretty soon when i get my custom cam) so is there a way to get the most of the nitrous without putting the 10 bolt on the chop block?
basically what im asking is, if i spray in first gear out of the hole, would it be any better or worse than spraying say at the beginning of 2nd gear given the rpm drop in the 700r4 from 1st to 2nd?
Old 01-28-2009, 08:32 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Wiktorek25
How inaccurate would it be with narrowband ? I really like all the features of this product, but really what sold me is the A/F cut off, so would it still be safe to use with narrowband ?
like they said, it will only shut you down if you go lean, not rich with the narrow band. I bought one of these when I set up my kit, I cant imagine doing it without one of these. I have mine soldered to the stock o2 sensor and havent had any problems. I drilled a hole in the bottom left front corner of my console, routed the wires under my shifter trim, across the passenger underside of the dash and through the grommet in the firewall in the passenger side, and keep the module velcroed to the under side of the lid. trust me, this thing is bad *** and well worth it.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:04 AM
Teching In

Will the MicroEdge power a shiftlight as well?
Old 01-29-2009, 09:22 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Joshu
Where would be the best place to mount this?
There is actually a thread going on right now on where to mount the units. Popular place seems to be in front of the shifter on the center console.

Nick
Old 01-29-2009, 09:23 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Wiktorek25
Absolutely its safe to use the microedge with the narrowband sensors. You're just not going to have the finite control or rich shut down as you would with a wideband.

Nick
Old 01-29-2009, 09:24 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 89formula350b2l
I am interested here too.....i will be installing a 100 shot NX wet kit in the intake tube pretty soon and i have a bottle heater, purge kit and of course the NX system itself. I do not want to kill my 10 bolt any sooner than it will go (which most likely will be pretty soon when i get my custom cam) so is there a way to get the most of the nitrous without putting the 10 bolt on the chop block?
basically what im asking is, if i spray in first gear out of the hole, would it be any better or worse than spraying say at the beginning of 2nd gear given the rpm drop in the 700r4 from 1st to 2nd?
Yup, you can prolong the death of the 10 bolt by locking the system out of first gear and spray in second when using the microEDGE. Let me know if you have any questions about how to set it up etc.

Nick
Old 01-29-2009, 09:26 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Robb
Will the MicroEdge power a shiftlight as well?
Well technically, what you could do is tap off the RPM signal that is coming into the microedge, you would just need to verify that the shift light is compatible with that incoming RPM signal.

Nick
Old 01-29-2009, 11:13 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I do not care for trusting it on the narrow band. It will not be near as accurate. If you are going to rely on that feature I would suggest the wide band. Different strokes for different folks.
Dave