Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can someone tell me what this is?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 08:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Can someone tell me what this is?

This thing came with the direct port kit I just picked up. There was a T fitting on the end of the fuel rail with one 3an line running to the fuel solenoid and another 3an line dead-ending into this black canister that was mounted on the fenderwell. The other end of the canister had a rubber line venting to atmosphere. There's no wiring on it. Anyone know wtf this thing is???

Old 02-08-2009, 09:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i want to say it kindof looks like a charcoal canister jeff, for ventilation. but i dont see how it would work if it was pressurized by the fuel rail and vented to the atmosphere. especially with no wires to control it. have to taken that end cap off and looked inside?
Old 02-08-2009, 09:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

extra fuel canister to compensate for extra fuel my only guess and if right that sure wouldnt work worth a ****
Old 02-08-2009, 09:16 PM
10 Second Club

I haven't pulled it apart. About a tablespoon of fuel came out when I pulled the AN line off.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is weird..... i have never seen anything like that before
Old 02-08-2009, 09:24 PM
Staging Lane

seee what i mean someones cheap way to supply extra fuel to compensate for a weak fuel pump and a larger shot..... im just shooting from the hip but thats my guess and once again its a sure **** way to try to supply extra fuel
Old 02-08-2009, 09:27 PM
Teching In

that is some guetto ****. im still trying to find a cheap way to get extra fuel for a bigger shot but that is way way too cheap.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:32 PM
Staging Lane

run a splitter of one of your main inline fuel lines, run a peice of 4an over to an aluminized canister where your battery once sat "keyword once sat" relocate it to trunk and run a small adjustable fuel pump for a dedicated line to your fuel solinoid "problem solved" or you could fab up some bullshit like the pictures in this post
Old 02-08-2009, 09:36 PM
10 Second Club

I've never seen anything like it either. It's not going on my system, was just curious what the hell it was. Guess I'll crack it open and see what flies out!
Old 02-08-2009, 09:39 PM
Staging Lane

hey did this thing come with a new kit or did you but it off the site
Old 02-08-2009, 09:52 PM
10 Second Club

Bought it from a local guy. The owner before him installed the kit, so he new nothing about it and never used it.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:02 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Are you using a NX NXL kit? If so that may be there fuel accumulater. Im not sure since it has been a while since I seen one.
Dave
Old 02-11-2009, 12:44 PM
10 Second Club

It's a NOSzzle kit, but this thing didn't come with the kit originally.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Fuel accumulater, a band aid fix for DP wet hits that use giant fuel rails that need filling everytime you spray. what that means is that it takes a moment for the rails to fill and then get spraying out of the nozzle, while all this time the nitrous has been spraying, IE: big lean issue. One of the many reason I like the dry dp over the wet dp.
Robert
Old 02-12-2009, 10:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

The fuel acc. was a band-aid fix to cars that have fuel rails w/ no return line to the tank (regulator in back at the pump). These cars suffer the most activation pressure-drop, and seem to take longer to recover. Helps, but not the solution.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:05 AM
10 Second Club

Sweet, you guys are right.....it's a fuel accumulator.

http://www.shopatron.com/product/par...EED00010/300.0

I've never seen one used on a direct port system before, how do you know when an accumulator is necessary? I'm going to be converting my NOSzle system to a traditional direct port and running a HSW standalone fuel system.....safe to assume I won't need this??
Old 02-17-2009, 01:06 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

With a dedicated you will not need to use the accumulater. Converting to traditional nozzles over the under the injector nozzles is a good choice.

I would like to invite you to look at our systems as well. We are the ones who came up with the all in one dedicated fuel system design. We offer two different designs for the F-body. Either design cost 710.00

Our battery dedicated Holds one gallon of fuel and mounts in the factory battery location. The hold down clamp that holds the battery in place is what locks this dedicated firmly down.

Our Fuse dedicated was designed for the customer not wanting to relocate the battery. This unit mounts on the front core support by the radiator. Using this product will not require moving anything at all. This unit holds just alittle under 1 gallon.

All of our dedicated fuel systems come completely assembled. All you have to do is cut to fit the braided fuel hose and attach the ends. Our dedicated fuel systems also come complete with a wring harness, relay and a colored wiring diiagram.

We try to keep both theses designs on the shelf.

Just another option..
Dave
Old 02-17-2009, 09:32 AM
TECH Addict

I really want to do the battery relocate cell, but don't want to relocate the battery to the truck. How hard is that to do and what all do you have to do to make it "track" legal?
Old 02-17-2009, 10:08 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by DopdBrd
I really want to do the battery relocate cell, but don't want to relocate the battery to the truck. How hard is that to do and what all do you have to do to make it "track" legal?
That is usually why most people go with our fuse panel fuel cell. I like the battery one just like you, but relocating the battery to the trunk can be costly. You can go on summit and piece together everythign you would need. I am pretty sure they have a kit to move it to the back. It does include all the cables you need and im pretty sure it has a NHRA legal battery box. You will also need a kill switch on the outside of the vehichle
Old 02-17-2009, 11:48 AM
Truck Sponsor

The item is NX's fuel accumulator. I was buit for their NXL system. Some cars had freaky weird lean spikes with the NXL and that was the solutions. THe piston is double oringed and there is a spring in there. If you take it apart make sure to be prepared the Spring is a litttle beefy and that piston will come out. YOu will notice onthe back side there is a smaller hole that is a vent hole do not cap it off. It also will let you know if you ever have an oring fail.
I would recommend Nitrous Outlets fuse tank for any direct port.
If you got the coin for some of the puzzle get the rest you will be glad you did.