Sponsored by:

2 stages, 1 10lbs bottle?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 02:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by =ZoomZ=

No it wont .
I am afraid it will, yes. I have personally gone 300rwhp shot and had many restrictions in the line, a "y" , a 90°, two "T", four split 3an lines an dprob more if I think about it.

A 400hp shot is a perfect straight run, the max it could support under perfect conditions, if you don't belive me, do the math, and math does not lie.
Robert
Old 02-19-2009, 05:51 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No it wont .
I'm gonna have to agree with this maybe its been proven in a perfect condition but for how long? I'm upgrading to -6 it can hurt and I think it will help with the pressure drop.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:19 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Robert56
I am afraid it will, yes. I have personally gone 300rwhp shot and had many restrictions in the line, a "y" , a 90°, two "T", four split 3an lines an dprob more if I think about it.

A 400hp shot is a perfect straight run, the max it could support under perfect conditions, if you don't belive me, do the math, and math does not lie.
Robert
Yea , the math might say so but the real world dosnt .

The real world says 175-200 max from a 10' line , 1/4" dia. @ 1000 psi .

Originally Posted by TPI TERROR
I
As far as solenoids go most companies have small and large nitrous solenoids, what would be ideal? 2 small solenoids, 1 small (1st stage) & 1 large (2nd stage), or 2 larger solenoids?
For that size shot just get 2 small .093 noids .

Originally Posted by LS1SpeedAddict
I think it will help with the pressure drop.
Only thing thats going to help with pressure drop is a Nano setup or a 2nd bottle and even a 2nd bottle will still drop 2-300 psi in the 1/4 mile depending on how much your spraying .

Last edited by =ZoomZ=; 02-19-2009 at 07:26 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:57 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by jmill96Z
I prefer 2 girls 1 cup.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Yea , the math might say so but the real world dosnt .

The real world says 175-200 max from a 10' line , 1/4" dia. @ 1000 psi .

For that size shot just get 2 small .093 noids .

Only thing thats going to help with pressure drop is a Nano setup or a 2nd bottle and even a 2nd bottle will still drop 2-300 psi in the 1/4 mile depending on how much your spraying .
Maybe you didn't read my post. i said I have run 300shots on 4an and actually set some records, so real world experiance tells you that it supports what it will support. again we have guys telling people tech info whom have never done it, man... Would you like to see some dyno sheets of at least a 285rwhp shot, quad nozzles, dual stage, two "T"'s numerous 90° fittings and so on.

That is exactlly why i am still on my 4an with my DP Dry and 2nd and 3rd stage plate dry hits, would you like to see the cluster fluck that the spray has to go thru? and it stillworks, hmmmm, imagine that. what i did from my last set-up was replace the "t"'s with "Y"'s to minimize accumulative resistance. Also, in the second picture you can see more effort to minimize this accumulative resistance. Imagine the spray hitting the edge of the fitting wall, like a brick wall. By back cutting, or beveling the fittings we have created a "Venture Effect" which actually speeds the spray flow up.

Also crappy jets will add to the resistance in the flow path. the good jets will be bevel cut on both ends, and have part of the center drilled larger than the needed orifice size. Knowledge is power, and as you can now see, there are ways to make your 4an line last longer before replacement is needed.

Those crappy little filters are also a restriction. The one that HSW sells supports flow for pretty big shots. So beware on adding those little filters even into a 6an line.

Also your statement about the bottle dropping 200 to 300psi even with two bottles is also incorrect. with a 250rwhp shot and dual 15lb'ers, i would see about 50psi drop each run. Volume has been the standard working push system for years. Oh yea, and all the above combos of mine were run with the dual 15's each with a single 4an in to a "Y" and out to the 4an supply line. Over 300 passes on a system you say won't support these size hits, lol.

Not really trying to bust your *****, but hope you learned something here.
Robert
Old 02-24-2009, 12:35 AM
10 Second Club

everyone I have talked to says goto an6 over 200 and above
Old 02-24-2009, 08:03 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Robert56
Maybe you didn't read my post. i said I have run 300shots on 4an and actually set some records, so real world experiance tells you that it supports what it will support. again we have guys telling people tech info whom have never done it, man... Would you like to see some dyno sheets of at least a 285rwhp shot, quad nozzles, dual stage, two "T"'s numerous 90° fittings and so on.

That is exactlly why i am still on my 4an with my DP Dry and 2nd and 3rd stage plate dry hits, would you like to see the cluster fluck that the spray has to go thru? and it stillworks, hmmmm, imagine that. what i did from my last set-up was replace the "t"'s with "Y"'s to minimize accumulative resistance. Also, in the second picture you can see more effort to minimize this accumulative resistance. Imagine the spray hitting the edge of the fitting wall, like a brick wall. By back cutting, or beveling the fittings we have created a "Venture Effect" which actually speeds the spray flow up.

Also crappy jets will add to the resistance in the flow path. the good jets will be bevel cut on both ends, and have part of the center drilled larger than the needed orifice size. Knowledge is power, and as you can now see, there are ways to make your 4an line last longer before replacement is needed.

Those crappy little filters are also a restriction. The one that HSW sells supports flow for pretty big shots. So beware on adding those little filters even into a 6an line.

Also your statement about the bottle dropping 200 to 300psi even with two bottles is also incorrect. with a 250rwhp shot and dual 15lb'ers, i would see about 50psi drop each run. Volume has been the standard working push system for years. Oh yea, and all the above combos of mine were run with the dual 15's each with a single 4an in to a "Y" and out to the 4an supply line. Over 300 passes on a system you say won't support these size hits, lol.

Not really trying to bust your *****, but hope you learned something here.
Robert
I know the physics of it all and yes a tech or tuner might get by with it but for the general public to spray a 175 shot max on a -4 line is a good rule of thumb .

Someone with a standard run of the mill setup trying to spray a 200-300 on a -4 line might just blow and intake manifold right off the car on the big end of the track when bottle pressures drop and they start running pig rich .

Imo , its not even debatable .