Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Progress Pics...Finished 430 LSX pics....

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 06:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well here are some finished pictures...... The engine is now ready to fire, but it probably wont happen today. We'll end up firing tomorrow night I'd assume. No leaks....just waiting on some fittings to plug the holes in the valve covers......

I switched over to all black lines from the old stainless stuff, but if you look you can see one fitting and one line that I need to replace. I was assembling the one fitting and it broke, so I had to use something else. I think I corrent fittings but they never came in or was on backorder.....

Old 03-01-2009, 06:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

looks good man! just outta curiosity do you have a link to a build thread or some more specs? Unless there's some competitors who would like the down and dirty.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:49 PM
8 Second Club

does the regulator you have on the lines going to the fuel noids convert the fuel pressure to low pressure?
Old 03-01-2009, 06:53 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ Either that or it's on a stand alone fuel cell. Those are the only two things I can think of. I'm sure it would help with consistancy.

Those black fittings are awesome. You probably spent a small fortune just deciding to switch the color of the fittings and lines.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:32 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by LS1SpeedAddict
does the regulator you have on the lines going to the fuel noids convert the fuel pressure to low pressure?
Yes, that regulator converts the high pressure of the EFI system down to carb pressure. I talked to Magnafuel and this is the exact system to run. They said run it on one pump, and use this regulator to bring down the pressure to 10psi for my system.

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
^ Either that or it's on a stand alone fuel cell. Those are the only two things I can think of. I'm sure it would help with consistancy.

Those black fittings are awesome. You probably spent a small fortune just deciding to switch the color of the fittings and lines.
I already had most of the black fittings, but I did end up replacing some of them. I just had to replace all the line and re-make all the lines
Old 03-01-2009, 08:15 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by SMKN TA 95
Yes, that regulator converts the high pressure of the EFI system down to carb pressure. I talked to Magnafuel and this is the exact system to run. They said run it on one pump, and use this regulator to bring down the pressure to 10psi for my system.

That's exactly what I need to do. Thanks looks like I will be calling magnafuel sometime.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:03 AM
9 Second Club

Can't wait to see the new times! Looks awesome! Take care. Dave
Old 03-02-2009, 11:22 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Such a sweet looking well thought out set up. Looks killer..........
Old 03-25-2009, 11:33 PM
TECH Resident

Here are a couple of quick video's from the intial startup a little over a week ago.

The video's dont even come close to capturing the sound of the engine. They will give you an idea though. In these video's, the engine is idling around 1500-1800...nothing less.

Enjoy....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQSte0-2Xkc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUxkDEmEQvQ
Old 03-26-2009, 10:26 AM
8 second mod

Sir, i love attention to detail, and pride in work, and class. and you sir have done it all. A+++ very very nice looking set up. i love the black an. i switched all mine to black last year. its lighter and i think sleek. very nice.
now get her running and show us she runs as good as she looks!!

good luck for sure.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:22 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Do I see it right, did you run a line from each of the small ports on the heads back to a single large line to the radiator? If so, was this done in an attempt to make sure that the coolant is flowing more evenly thru the heads?

PM me if need be.

Looks absolutely killer, as already stated
Old 03-26-2009, 02:00 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That sounds pretty gnarly just with the camera. I can imagine how loud it is up close.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:53 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Deffinlty sounds like it has an attitude..
Old 03-26-2009, 11:40 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
Do I see it right, did you run a line from each of the small ports on the heads back to a single large line to the radiator? If so, was this done in an attempt to make sure that the coolant is flowing more evenly thru the heads?

PM me if need be.

Looks absolutely killer, as already stated
Its getting late now, but I will PM you sometime this weekend on why we did this. It wasn't cheap...but should be worth it in the end.

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
That sounds pretty gnarly just with the camera. I can imagine how loud it is up close.
The camera does it no justice at all. Hopefully I'll get some better ones here sometime soon....like a dyno tune session and or track passes

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Deffinlty sounds like it has an attitude..
Oh, it has an attitude alright. This motor has been a bitch from day one....but the engines that are a bitch to put together will always run hard at the track

I've been forgetting to call you to finish up those odds and ends stuff for the direct port. I've been busy with so much other **** that the car was on the back burner for the past couple of weeks.... Call me when you get a chance.

Quick Reply: Progress Pics...Finished 430 LSX pics....