Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous Outlet rpm switch

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 08:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous Outlet rpm switch

I purchased the rpm box from a friend of mine and I have a couple questions of hows its installed and works as I dont have the instruction manual for it.

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...product_id=964

^^That is basically the model I have except his is an older box.

My question is how exactly does the 1st gear lockout work? I can figure pretty much everything else out for tach, power, tps, etc. but the 1st gear lockout is what I am unsure of, could you please provide some info on this for me. Thanks.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:35 AM
TECH Addict

The switch looks for a complete rpm cycle before allowing itself to work. Basically you have the switch set to come on at 3000 and shutoff at 6000rpm. Well if using the first gear lockout, then the first time the switch senses the motor going from 3k to 6krpms it does nothing. Then as long as the switch/system is active it will then spray everytime the motor is in the 3k to 6krpm range and the WOT is active (if used).
Old 02-23-2009, 10:01 AM
Truck Sponsor

JoeyGC5 is correct you will have to go past (hit) the hi side rpm set point the # of time you have selected before it will allow you engage the nitrous system. So if you set that option to 2, you will need to hit the hi side set point twice.
INSTRUCTIONS LINK