Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

California law question and question about use on engine

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2003, 11:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default California law question and question about use on engine

I have 2 questions. the first one is what is the law in california law about nitrous. I have heard 3 different things. 1 is you can't have the bottle, another is you can have the bottle but it just can't be hooked up and the other is you can't have the lines from the solenoids connected. and i have heard from everyone that has told me that, that you can get your car impounded if your in violation.

My second question is how safe would i be running 8 psi on a procharger with a 35 or 50 shot (don't have the sc yet) on stock internals other than valvetrain modifications?
Old 10-16-2003, 01:11 AM
Launching!

Default Re: California law question and question about use on engine

In response to the first question: you can have a kit fully installed, you just can't have a bottle hooked up on the street.

Second question: No idea.
Old 10-16-2003, 02:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

the second question is xzacktly what i need answerd too
Old 10-16-2003, 03:07 AM
On The Tree

I disagree with this completely. You can purchase carb approved NOS kits for several late model EFI cars. These carb kits all run off a TPS wot activation switch and not a standard button/wot switch. Ive actually installed these kits in some late model mustangs.

If its carb approved, how could be illegal to have it hooked up?? and it if is illegal to have "hooked up" are you violating a Emissions law or a infraction/misdemeanor law?

whats the VC to this law?
Old 10-16-2003, 03:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I disagree with this completely. You can purchase carb approved NOS kits for several late model EFI cars. These carb kits all run off a TPS wot activation switch and not a standard button/wot switch. Ive actually installed these kits in some late model mustangs.

If its carb approved, how could be illegal to have it hooked up?? and it if is illegal to have "hooked up" are you violating a Emissions law or a infraction/misdemeanor law?

whats the VC to this law?
I have yet to see a kit with a carb exempt sticker...maybe im not looking hard enough or something..do you have a part number for the kit thats legal??
Old 10-16-2003, 10:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go Here:

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermk...es/amquery.php

Select device (Nitrous), and hit submit. NOS has several kits that have approval numbers listed. No LS1 kits, but LT1 and others.

Old 10-16-2003, 10:24 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

depends what kinda mood the cops in, just be cool, you dont own a honduh, he probably has a bow tie at home!, I would think that the line from the bottle would have to be disconnected!, but they shouldnt be able to see the bottle from the outside unless you have it in clear view from your back window, and if they cant see it they would need a search warrant to open your car up, just dont give them permission to pop the hatch or look under your hood, besides as long as your killing turbo honduhs and rustangs all day the cops should let you go, lol
Old 10-17-2003, 09:02 AM
Launching!

Go Here:

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermk...es/amquery.php

Select device (Nitrous), and hit submit. NOS has several kits that have approval numbers listed. No LS1 kits, but LT1 and others.

It doesn't matter if it's CARB approved or not, if a cop pulls you over, has probable cause, and finds a bottle connected, you're sunk. That's just the way this state is.