Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

any NXL results yet other than cool pictures?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2003, 03:06 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh boy oh boy oh boy.....more "jetted this, but made that"...ouch. makes me wanna finish R&D on my new setup...
Old 10-25-2003, 03:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

"My nitrous jets in my direct port are a 50 shot. Wow, it makes 700 RWHP !!! (I forgot to tell you they're .090 jets)"

I want to see a few systems compare the actual jet sizes, ignoring the manuf. ratings, and seeing how they stack up. Even two jets drilled the same size won't flow the same amount of nitrous/fuel, so it's not a DIRECT comparison, but closer than boasting about HP rating vs. RWHP gain.
Old 10-25-2003, 04:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Brains
I want to see a few systems compare the actual jet sizes, ignoring the manuf. ratings, and seeing how they stack up. Even two jets drilled the same size won't flow the same amount of nitrous/fuel, so it's not a DIRECT comparison, but closer than boasting about HP rating vs. RWHP gain.
Brian, I think you may be on to something. I was thinking about that too - I wonder if the jets in the NXL kit are rated at the proper fuel pressure for the LS1. But I also just can't believe that after they did their testing on a LS1 engine they would have released this kit if it wasn't performing as it should. I'd like to see some other results though before I form any opinions....
Old 10-25-2003, 06:34 PM

Default Nxl

Hell, I wanted a NXL kit but when I heard straight from an internal resource at NX I changed my mind as they were having difficulties with this system (flow patterns, distribution issues etc.) Then they put them on hold for several more months to try and R/D more...I changed my mine all together as I wanted a system I would not have to work the bugs out myself and just plug and play...I got it. TNT does not have the capabilities yet so there was only one left that was tested and running in the 8's. That was in the Eastside Performance shop car so I looked them up...That car was flying!!!! So I got hooked up...
Old 10-25-2003, 11:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

What did your internal resource say the problems were? I might have a little "internal" information on this kit, mainly the R&D done on it
Old 10-26-2003, 12:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Brains
What did your internal resource say the problems were? I might have a little "internal" information on this kit, mainly the R&D done on it
Well, that being the case atleast say the kit is capable of performing as well as it should.... Does any of the "internal" information you have lead you to believe otherwise?
Old 10-26-2003, 03:57 PM
7 Second Club

Received 335 Likes on 225 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

What is this internal information?

And if the jettings are off it doesn't mean the kit is crap. It just means that NX better get on the ball and get the jettings correct and send the appropriate jets with it. I don't want to go have to buy a bunch of new jets to get a 180 shot when it should come with the appropriate jets in the first place.
Old 10-26-2003, 06:09 PM

Default Nos

Well I went NOS so that tells you something. There still doing alot of testing on the jets but that does not make since, why release something that still haves problems? Here is my kit and its super clean as unlike alot of others say its a hard system to install clean..

Originally Posted by JF WS6
Well, that being the case atleast say the kit is capable of performing as well as it should.... Does any of the "internal" information you have lead you to believe otherwise?
Old 10-26-2003, 07:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BADZ
Well I went NOS so that tells you something. There still doing alot of testing on the jets but that does not make since, why release something that still haves problems? Here is my kit and its super clean as unlike alot of others say its a hard system to install clean..
BADZ,

Your install does look cleaner than the other rats nest NOSzle installs I've seen, but it looks like you had to cut away the cowl just to get the solenoids mounted in that location. I agree with Nic, just because the jetting sizes are incorrect doesn't mean the NXL is crap. Doesn't really seem really like that big of a deal but I agree they should have put out the proper sizes before they released the kit.
Old 10-26-2003, 07:15 PM
Restricted User

When some people talk about the jet changing on the half under the cowl, it strikes me as odd since you have the same problem on ANY DP.
BADZ, nice install, very nice actually.

Will stick with the NXL ordered.
Old 10-26-2003, 11:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Please don't take my post as being a put down towards Nitrous Express. I have ran their kits for several years and am on my third different setup. I was only reporting the facts on my installation and dyno because there are so many members wanting this type of information on the new NXL kit. I suspect the problem may be in the feed lines which go from the rails to the nozzles. The lines have a built in restriction in them, .032" I believe.
I wonder if it is because they use the same system on the small honda engines. NX says the restriction will still support up to 300 hp. I guess we'll see when a few more kits have been installed. The good news is there is absolutely no hp loss naturally asperated when using the nozzles. I just ran a new n/a best of 7.33 after installing the kit.
Old 10-26-2003, 11:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

If anyone is interested, these are the jetting patterns which come with the NXL kit:
HP N20 FUEL
80 18 9
120 20 10
180 26 14
Old 10-28-2003, 11:19 AM
TECH Addict

hehe..
Old 08-22-2004, 07:02 PM

good info, old post though...
Old 08-23-2004, 08:50 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by H82BBad
I want some dyno numbers!
Here are our number from last weeks retest.

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/Pages/ls1_nxl.htm
http://www.nitrousexpress.com/Pages/ls1_nxl2.htm
Old 08-23-2004, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by BADZ
Hell, I wanted a NXL kit but when I heard straight from an internal resource at NX I changed my mind as they were having difficulties with this system (flow patterns, distribution issues etc.) Then they put them on hold for several more months to try and R/D more...I changed my mine all together as I wanted a system I would not have to work the bugs out myself and just plug and play...I got it. TNT does not have the capabilities yet so there was only one left that was tested and running in the 8's. That was in the Eastside Performance shop car so I looked them up...That car was flying!!!! So I got hooked up...
I would be most interested in knowing your internal source. We have tested a customer kit, with there jet they sent in. The systems are not on hold the machine shop is building them as I right this.
Ricky
Old 08-23-2004, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Gold Z
Please don't take my post as being a put down towards Nitrous Express. I have ran their kits for several years and am on my third different setup. I was only reporting the facts on my installation and dyno because there are so many members wanting this type of information on the new NXL kit. I suspect the problem may be in the feed lines which go from the rails to the nozzles. The lines have a built in restriction in them, .032" I believe.
I wonder if it is because they use the same system on the small honda engines. NX says the restriction will still support up to 300 hp. I guess we'll see when a few more kits have been installed. The good news is there is absolutely no hp loss naturally asperated when using the nozzles. I just ran a new n/a best of 7.33 after installing the kit.
System is max out at 250. The first run of inserts were .036 and since then I have made them .046. .
Old 08-23-2004, 09:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

So it can run a 250 shot? Has that been verified on a car or is that just guessing from flow characteristics?
Old 08-23-2004, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by 93LS1RX7
So it can run a 250 shot? Has that been verified on a car or is that just guessing from flow characteristics?
Ran it today.
Ricky
Old 08-23-2004, 02:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Do you have a graph of that?