Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

push-lock blowdown tube

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 04:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default push-lock blowdown tube

I was thinking about using -8 pushlock hose for my blowdown tube. Its cheaper then going braided, its black so it blends in, and its easier to put together at home. From my experiances with pushlock, once you push it onto the fitting, its on, until you cut it off. Any reasons I should not go this route? I personally don't see the hose failing since it couldn't really see pressure if the safety disc ruptures.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not go with a black -8 braided line with black fittings? Personally, I don't think pushlock looks the best. Regardless, remember to secure it to a bulkhead fitting so it won't go flying if the disc bursts.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:03 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by distinctdev
I was thinking about using -8 pushlock hose for my blowdown tube. Its cheaper then going braided, its black so it blends in, and its easier to put together at home. From my experiances with pushlock, once you push it onto the fitting, its on, until you cut it off. Any reasons I should not go this route? I personally don't see the hose failing since it couldn't really see pressure if the safety disc ruptures.
1.) What if, like 1/2 of them, the pushlock breaks. So you then end up with a facefull of nitrous, worse case.
2.) Are you going to be going through any kind of tech inspection?
Old 03-31-2009, 09:58 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jmill96Z
Why not go with a black -8 braided line with black fittings? Personally, I don't think pushlock looks the best. Regardless, remember to secure it to a bulkhead fitting so it won't go flying if the disc bursts.
already have a bulkhead installed and capped off, just gotta get the line made at this point. maybe ill do the black braided and black fittings.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JoeyGC5
1.) What if, like 1/2 of them, the pushlock breaks. So you then end up with a facefull of nitrous, worse case.
2.) Are you going to be going through any kind of tech inspection?

Push lock don't fail but its not rated to 3000 psi. atv and I both have all of out fuel systems vacume pump etc all don in black aqp pushlock and silver fittings. But don't try using puch lock on regular hose it has to be push loc hose.