Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lesson learned

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 01:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shortdog
So, you guys think he would've gotten away with using NGK TR7 (BR7EF) non-projected plugs, even though they're the same heat range as the AR94s? I just installed a set of TR7s gapped at .032 for upping my shot (NX wet 175-200). I don't wanna make a mistake of NOT going with colder plugs.

Weird, Nathan and I were just chatting the other day about plugs.
No if you can melt an ar you will distroy an ngk. but the ngk can be used as a fuse in a way it will melt before the piston and head so if you feel the car down on power and get out of it it might be saved, the ar is very hard and the metal has a higher melting point. good when the tunes pefect. not good when its rich with to much timming and to hot of a plug.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What size injectors are you running? Maybe its not enough for the dry hit? Or the pump cant keep up bc its on its way out?

I am going to be running one step colder plug in the #7 hole, just for safety as I still have the LS6 intake. This may be something you might want to do yourself.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sigforty
Bank 1 has the two cylinders that are known for going lean 7 and 5. If you went lean on the dry shot in one of these cylinders it could kill the plug. Since you are running MAf and O2's that one dead plug would cause the computer to lean out that bank. Being one plug down the O2 reads rich and cuts fuel. This would then cause the other plugs to start melting ground staps. I had this happen in my Z06 except on the passenger side.
And yes this is EXACTLY what I was hoping someone would bring up but he was stuck on the fueling aspect via draining that rail. I thought he would ponder on it enough he'd figure that much out. Thanks for finally coming up with reality in this thread. Im sure the original poster will rethink his error now