Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would cause the maf not to read spray off a halo bar?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 07:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What would cause the maf not to read spray off a halo bar?

Any idea's? I am running a 100 shot on my 04 6 speed GTO. I have catback, intake tube, and tune.

On a motor pass it will read 12.5 to 12.9. When I try to spray the 100 shot it goes lean...like a little above 14.

This car has been tuned on the dyno...but I am unsure what tables the tuner touched. He said he did not do anything that could affect the maf.

I switched mafs and had the same problem.

Also, the guy who tuned it has made an iat tricker, that when the system is armed it tells the computer that it is 200 degrees. Right now this is not hooked up, and those tables are not modified. Would it be possible to modify those tables and just tell it to richen everything up when the spray is activated, or is that not a safe way to do things?

Please do not say convert to a wet shot...I know that is an option but right now that is not one I want to pursue.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

sounds to me like a tuning issue if it is tricking the iat sensor. who tuned it?
Old 04-29-2009, 03:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get the Interface and be done with your dry tuning problems.
Robert
Old 04-29-2009, 08:16 AM
TECH Addict

Pics of setup?

The best way to get the MAF to read it is have the spray pretty much spraying at it. By spraying in the lid, and if a relatively small shot, it may to to deluted to give the MAF a good read.

Other issues with Dry when lean could be too small of injector to support the shot, this is more common a problem with the 99-00 cars that had the 26# injectors (I do not think this is your issue).

You probably dont want to try a dry nozzle near the MAF (guessing your going for covertness with the halo), but that would be the next step to troubleshoot IMHO.

Your not running a SD tune are you? If you are then your MAF is not being used, therefore no fuel added when you spray.

Jim
Old 04-29-2009, 10:58 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How is the spray bar mounted in the box. If its mounted correctly and the software shows its picking up its a tunning issue.