Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HSW Dry Kit Questions on my CTS-V

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009 | 04:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default HSW Dry Kit Questions on my CTS-V

Hey everyone,

I am planning on adding some nitrous to my LS6 CTS-V. I pretty much have it narrowed down to the HSW Sudden Impact Dry Plate Nitrous Kit. I want to run a 100 shot for the time being but I had a few questions about accessories and tuning.

1) The car is currently tuned for NA. Is my tuner going to be able to tune the Interface Controller to pull enough timing to be safe with my current tune?

2) What accessories should I purchase that are not included with the kit to make it safer on my car (spark plugs, RPM switch, etc.)

3) Anything else you nitrous gurus think I should know? This is my first rodeo with the spray.

4) Please do not recommend a wet kit, I am going with the dry kit for ease of installation/removal for dealer visits because I am under warranty for 2 more years.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Old 04-26-2009 | 08:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Anyone?
Old 04-26-2009 | 09:02 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SkullV
Hey everyone,

I am planning on adding some nitrous to my LS6 CTS-V. I pretty much have it narrowed down to the HSW Sudden Impact Dry Plate Nitrous Kit. I want to run a 100 shot for the time being but I had a few questions about accessories and tuning.

1) The car is currently tuned for NA. Is my tuner going to be able to tune the Interface Controller to pull enough timing to be safe with my current tune?
You can adjust the Interface yourself as long as you have something to monitor the a/f and timing.

2) What accessories should I purchase that are not included with the kit to make it safer on my car (spark plugs, RPM switch, etc.)
The dry plate kit + HSW all-out accessory package. Everything you need.

3) Anything else you nitrous gurus think I should know? This is my first rodeo with the spray.
Read the forums then read some more.

4) Please do not recommend a wet kit, I am going with the dry kit for ease of installation/removal for dealer visits because I am under warranty for 2 more years.
I run a dry HSW plate kit...works great.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Answers in bold.
Old 04-27-2009 | 01:48 AM
Staging Lane

^^^ agreed but make sure you read as much as you can, more info is always better