Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

who is the best ls/nos tuner in the usa

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 09:23 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jmill96Z
You really want to get down to it, Robin has the record.
The space shuttle does.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:33 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ATVracr
The space shuttle does.
Oh snap....sweet burn
Old 04-30-2009, 09:55 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There really isn't an answer to this question, there are a lot of great tuners out there. Really comes down to who is good in your area. I'm sure we could keep up with just about anyone whether wet or dry, especially multi-stage dry shots with BS3/Fast XFI. Tuning isnt just a one time thing either, you can't expect the same tune up to be consistent all year round. You would be better off buying your own tuning software and learning yourself so you can adjust your tune for any track condition.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:18 AM

Actually RPM currently has the record for a FBODY which is what MOST recognize as the vehicle to set the records in..Robin's NOVE with the Jerhico and dual carbs is a monster no doubt

But as far as cars that fit our classes RPM currently has the record and East Side had it for a year before and plans to retake the record soon...
Old 04-30-2009, 11:12 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by thechef
Actually RPM currently has the record for a FBODY which is what MOST recognize as the vehicle to set the records in..Robin's NOVE with the Jerhico and dual carbs is a monster no doubt

But as far as cars that fit our classes RPM currently has the record and East Side had it for a year before and plans to retake the record soon...
So by your standard, when Phil goes faster in his Mustang than Paul Major, his record doesn't count either?

We can argue about this for days. I love that RPM car. If I could scrape up the cash, I would buy it before any of the turbo cars out there. The fact is though, Robin went faster with an LSX based motor.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:38 AM

So by your standard, when Phil goes faster in his Mustang than Paul Major, his record doesn't count either?

We can argue about this for days. I love that RPM car. If I could scrape up the cash, I would buy it before any of the turbo cars out there. The fact is though, Robin went faster with an LSX based motor.
you are correct, we can argue this for days, Robin's set up is like some others (W2W went 6's in mike Moran's PRO MOD car years ago...nobody really cared, someone just went crazy fast with a lsx motor in a dragster...nobody cares...why??? BECAUSE people can't relate to the set ups.

the way the current records have been being based has been stock style suspension, and drag radials which Robin's car doesnt fall under that catagory..

well enough of the debate
Old 04-30-2009, 12:15 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by the chef

Snap

I guess my worn out 3 year old motor that's still going like the energizer bunny, might have met its match.

I am taken the record down to Robins playing field, so you better be careful.

Good luck with it guys, I am sure its a bad ride.

Last edited by RPM-24; 04-30-2009 at 01:09 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:31 PM
FormerVendor

The record is one thing, first in the 7's is another....whose it gonna be??? Ryan, you got the power and it seems your suspension is pretty well dialed in, when we gonna see it??
Old 04-30-2009, 12:44 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Mike@HSW
The record is one thing, first in the 7's is another....whose it gonna be??? Ryan, you got the power and it seems your suspension is pretty well dialed in, when we gonna see it??

In the next few weeks. I want to do it on the small tires first. Then the big ones.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:10 PM
9 Second Club

ME!!!!!

haha
Old 04-30-2009, 01:21 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For clarification, I ment to say "Had" but that record stood for a long time, as chef said around a year.

When you push that envelope stuff will break, the question is do you feel confident in your knowledge and the team backing you. When this car gets a bottle (and it will have one), Eastside is down the road from me and it makes perfect sense.

I just wish other people were closers
Old 04-30-2009, 02:01 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by RPM-24
In the next few weeks. I want to do it on the small tires first. Then the big ones.
lol 7 seconds isnt enough, gotta do it on a 275....i like the way you think
Old 04-30-2009, 02:23 PM

my guess would be that RPM will get to the 7's next time out, their car is flying
Old 05-01-2009, 09:45 PM
LLC
Staging Lane

I heard that RPM made changes to their Camaro to run the 275 DR 1/8 mile class???
Old 05-02-2009, 05:26 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by LLC
I heard that RPM made changes to their Camaro to run the 275 DR 1/8 mile class???

We did make changes to run the 275 class, but it wont effect the 1/4 times
Old 05-02-2009, 06:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I saw one of the 275 passes. holy ****, that was crazy.

nice work guys
Old 05-05-2009, 10:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

On the records thing, I have to agree with keeping the f-bod record with f-bods. No doubt Robins car is worth noting as we have done prior, but in the spirit of the records an f-bod is an f-bod is an f-bod. Now that guys are keeping their heads nailed down, the 7's will soon be more of the norm, right?
Robert
Old 05-06-2009, 12:41 PM
8 second mod

one of the big names listed above in nitrous tuners imo was pretty far off. i will not mention any names, but i will tell a quick story.

My buddy was having an issue with his #5 in his stang. kept melting the plug with his own tune up. a pile of guys said send your set up to XXXXX and he will set it up. he is the best!!!

well, XXXXX ripped his entire 2 stages off, re did everything his way, sent the intake back with his tune up in the car told my buddy exactly where to set everything and baby step it. 60' then 330 and so on. first pass 60' took out 4 plugs. called, made adjustments XXXX said to make. run 330, took out 2 pistions and all 8 plugs!!!!

put new pistions in it. spoke to XXXXX made changes. ran 330 again and took out 6 plugs and a pistion!!!!!!
rebuilt it, put his old tune up back in it went up 2 jets on #5 and the car has been running bottom 8's for 2 years now.
thanks XXXXXX super tuner!!

that said, you will get goods and bads from anyone. best thing to do is figure it out on your own. i know EASTSIDE sent my *** down the track many a times on spray and tought me so much over the years and have 50+ years racing between the 2 big wigs over there seting up the cars. between suspention knolage and knolage of the nitrous and now allot more LSX knowlage, i cant wait to see what there new ride does. im sure she will be bad ***!!
i know i still touch base with ken threwout the race season to get his input on my set ups. they are A+++

good things about RPM as well, proof is in the puddin!! guys running fast know what they are doing. jeff prock and steve etc they can build a nitrous kit and give jetting info like know other, but im not sure if they have the accuall "tuning" knowlage in an lsx style motor/computer etc. i say this as a question, im not 100% sure, i just know them as a few big name kit builders, not sure if they will accually "tune" a lsx car, maybe they do, im not sure, but IMO the guys running fast with lsx cars are the guys i would be looking towards for help. eastside, rpm etc

good luck with your quest
Old 05-06-2009, 01:28 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Noyzee
one of the big names listed above in nitrous tuners imo was pretty far off. i will not mention any names, but i will tell a quick story.

My buddy was having an issue with his #5 in his stang. kept melting the plug with his own tune up. a pile of guys said send your set up to XXXXX and he will set it up. he is the best!!!

well, XXXXX ripped his entire 2 stages off, re did everything his way, sent the intake back with his tune up in the car told my buddy exactly where to set everything and baby step it. 60' then 330 and so on. first pass 60' took out 4 plugs. called, made adjustments XXXX said to make. run 330, took out 2 pistions and all 8 plugs!!!!

put new pistions in it. spoke to XXXXX made changes. ran 330 again and took out 6 plugs and a pistion!!!!!!
rebuilt it, put his old tune up back in it went up 2 jets on #5 and the car has been running bottom 8's for 2 years now.
thanks XXXXXX super tuner!!

that said, you will get goods and bads from anyone. best thing to do is figure it out on your own. i know EASTSIDE sent my *** down the track many a times on spray and tought me so much over the years and have 50+ years racing between the 2 big wigs over there seting up the cars. between suspention knolage and knolage of the nitrous and now allot more LSX knowlage, i cant wait to see what there new ride does. im sure she will be bad ***!!
i know i still touch base with ken threwout the race season to get his input on my set ups. they are A+++

good things about RPM as well, proof is in the puddin!! guys running fast know what they are doing. jeff prock and steve etc they can build a nitrous kit and give jetting info like know other, but im not sure if they have the accuall "tuning" knowlage in an lsx style motor/computer etc. i say this as a question, im not 100% sure, i just know them as a few big name kit builders, not sure if they will accually "tune" a lsx car, maybe they do, im not sure, but IMO the guys running fast with lsx cars are the guys i would be looking towards for help. eastside, rpm etc

good luck with your quest

I agree with you to a point.
Jeff Prock , Monte Smith , Steve Johnson have seen enough that they can give you great starting tune ups as long as they are given all the right info.
Whats the difference between a 15* LS head and a 15*SB2 ?

Just because RPM, ESP have there tuneups dailed in doesnt mean they will be any better at tuning your car then Prock , Smith or Johnson.

Like I said earlier in this thread, they all do it a little different, none are wrong as there are many ways to get to the end safely. Talk to a few of them, hell talk to all of them then pick who you feel most comfortable with. Have them give you a base line tune then learn to do it yourself... those guys cant be at the track everytime you go.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:38 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by vettewrench
If you could go any where in the usa to have your ls/nos car tuned who would it be and why?
There are alot of key factors to concider. First what software are you using? Stock computer, Big stuff, Fast etc.

A nitrous tuner is great and all but you need an over all great tunner. You need someone that understands your software just as much as the nitrous tunning aspect.

You also need to spend the time learning the basics so you can moniture your car and make small changes if needed after the car is tuned. If the car is running speed dencity or you travel to different altitudes the tune up may vary. Its not as bad with a Nitrous as a turbo or NA car but it can change.

My advice to you would be not to get caught up with the internet. As great as many of the guys on the internet are they sure can lead you down the wrong path with some quickness.

Do your home work. Call and quiz who ever you are thinking about taking it to. Ask for refrences. Having a fast car means nothing if you cant keep the motor together..

There are alot of people that have fast cars but only make 1 or 2 passes before tearing it up is nothing more than a test of how big the pocket book is.

Dave

Quick Reply: who is the best ls/nos tuner in the usa