Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dedicated Fuel System?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 02:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zman420
You can save some money "making" youre own standalone kit.. as I did if you got some minor fabrication skills..
Basically what you will need is.. Holley low pressure "Black" pump, adj. FPR, low pressure fuel pressure safety switch. a bunch of fittings, 3/8 or 1/2 fuel line.. about 12 feet of it. I dropped the tank, cut a 3/4 hole in the top near the big hole for the sending unit and fuel pump.. flared a tube and connected a 90 to it, rtv'd a rubber washer to seal top and bottom against the tank and tightened the whole assembly.
Basically made my own pickup tube for the holley to feed off of.. piece of cake.. no need to buy big expensive pumps and all this "jazzy" crap.. we've been running nitrous this way for Eons.. Might be tho old way of doing it, but its tryed and true.. Only downside to this setup is that if you want to run racegas through youre nitrous, you have to run it through youre motor as well.. Wich I dont mind at all.. If yall want pics, I got em

Does the holley black pump push enough PSI ro support the fuel injected nitrious set ups?
Old 12-29-2009, 10:41 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2001z
I run one with a 150 shot becouse of maxed out racetronix pump. The beauty of a standalone is that you wont have the leanspike you have with the intank pump with no return. Def alot easier on parts and tunning.
You maxed out the racetronixs fuel pump? Did or Do you have the hot wire kit with it?

Quick Reply: Dedicated Fuel System?