Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dry NOS nozzle placement

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 08:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dry NOS nozzle placement

Hey nitrous guys - newb here. I have spent hours searching this forum, so I understand the nozzle basics - 3 to 4 inches in front of the MAF and point them near the sensor. The problem is that I did an LS1 swap into a Miata and had to change the entire intake routing because of low clearance under the hood. Now I am installing the dry NOS kit with dual nozzles and need some advice. In this intake arrangement where would you suggest putting the spray nozzles?
Attached Thumbnails dry NOS nozzle placement-intake-nozzles2.jpg  
Old 06-24-2009, 09:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I could never get a good nozzle location, and after swiss-cheesing my intake, I swapped to the HSW Interface and used a plate. If you want to spend some extra money, it is an easy way to get a guaranteed correct setup.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:36 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

Thats where i'd place the nozzles

-Chris

Last edited by Chris@NitroDaves; 06-25-2009 at 02:05 PM.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:49 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blownmiata
Hey nitrous guys - newb here. I have spent hours searching this forum, so I understand the nozzle basics - 3 to 4 inches in front of the MAF and point them near the sensor. The problem is that I did an LS1 swap into a Miata and had to change the entire intake routing because of low clearance under the hood. Now I am installing the dry NOS kit with dual nozzles and need some advice. In this intake arrangement where would you suggest putting the spray nozzles?
You can place them where you have them laid out now or you can also put them post maf and use an interface controller for fuel enrichment and pull some timing. Please feel free to ask us if you have any questions.

Nick

Quick Reply: dry NOS nozzle placement