Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HSWs micro edge controller issue? anyone else have issues???

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009 | 12:20 PM
Banned

Default HSWs micro edge controller issue? anyone else have issues???

On my LS2 Vette Im having issues with the HSWs Micro Edge. The whole system is HSWs. (minus the T shirt I never got) When I arm the system it goes into limp mode???????????? it gives me a TPS code????
Anyone else encounter this??? I heard I have to put a resister before the it hooks up to the switch??? Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks Mike
Old 07-09-2009 | 12:45 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Braciole
On my LS2 Vette Im having issues with the HSWs Micro Edge. The whole system is HSWs. (minus the T shirt I never got) When I arm the system it goes into limp mode???????????? it gives me a TPS code????
Anyone else encounter this??? I heard I have to put a resister before the it hooks up to the switch??? Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks Mike
Mike,

I think Mike told you to swing down the shop when you're in town for the T-shirt. Sounds like you're on the wrong wire for the TPS. Shoot me an email and I can walk you through setting it up.

nicholas@harrisspeedworks.com

Nick
Old 07-09-2009 | 01:07 PM
Banned

The TPS code was cleared several times with HPTuners. It kept coming back??? I sent you an email Nick. In the meantime anyone else have any suggestions??
Thanks Mike
Old 07-09-2009 | 01:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Did you cut the TPS signal wire or did you just pull back the insulation and solder a new wire on? It sounds like your TPS wire is not getting signal to the PCM.
Old 07-09-2009 | 10:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SkullV
Did you cut the TPS signal wire or did you just pull back the insulation and solder a new wire on? It sounds like your TPS wire is not getting signal to the PCM.
My Tuner is doing it so I don't know. I think Nicks got It. I spoke to him a few more times (email). Once its situated on Tuesday Ill post back what the exact fix was to help anyone else in the future.
Old 07-09-2009 | 10:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Braciole
My Tuner is doing it so I don't know. I think Nicks got It. I spoke to him a few more times (email). Once its situated on Tuesday Ill post back what the exact fix was to help anyone else in the future.
Hahah I have been on and off emailing with Nick and Mike for the last 2 weeks! Not so good with directions but I did get everything figured out today and ran the spray on the dyno. Now if I could only figure out how to get the 1st gear lockout to work properly with the rest of the triggers and windows (already in an email with Nick!)!
Old 07-13-2009 | 11:03 PM
Banned

Good luck We will get it all worked out!

Trending Topics

Old 07-14-2009 | 09:26 AM
11 Second Club

HSW- it is good to see the you guys help the customers with there products. Good job on customer service, I have never had any issues with my edge. There are a lot of windows to learn, but that is modding for you.
Old 07-14-2009 | 03:00 PM
Banned

HSWs has been great with all the help. Even on the phone talking with my tuner. Hope to get my car back soon, waiting
patiently
Old 07-14-2009 | 03:06 PM
10 Second Club

Glad to see you are getting things worked out. I have a feeling it has to do with the TPS setting on the micro edge and your drive by wire TB
Old 07-14-2009 | 03:53 PM
Banned

Just want the car back at this point. Totally Frustrated. The LS2 has a tricky ECM Im told. This issue is common with them. When I called HSWs they new what it was right away.

Last edited by Braciole; 07-14-2009 at 04:06 PM.