Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dry Shot Size...

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009 | 01:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried a 125 dry shot today on my 01 M6 BONE STOCK VETTE and was seeing 134% injector duty cycle. Also I recieved 9 degrees knock retard so it definately was going lean. I have jetted it back down and ordered some accel 30 # injectors.

My car ran awesome on the 125 but definately not safe.
Old 07-20-2009 | 02:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

go with tr6 plugs and spray 100 shot. above that you are really taking chances on stock timing and blindly trusting your nozzle placement to keep your maf reading the right amount for a safe afr.

i ran 100 shot on stock 26lb injectors but the 125 shot was maxing them out. then i went with bigger injectors and my stock fuel pump is handling a 150 shot (nano kit) just fine at 11.2 - 11.6 afr.

Originally Posted by MelScrilla
i thought the maf was what added fuel for a dry shot so idk it that would be good or not
it is a pain in the *** to get the maf to be consistent in registering the shot properly. i have done it in the past and it worked great, but one day I had to take the lid off for some reason and it was never the same (I'll sell you a lid that looks like Swiss cheese). if you ever do have issues it's nice to have the interface there to give you one less thing to worry about.
Old 07-20-2009 | 04:37 PM
Launching!

i thought the maf was what added fuel for a dry shot so idk it that would be good or not
That is what the interface is for. It is inline with the maf and adds fule when spraying. I know it seems like a lot of trust in electronics but hell people live with pacemakers right!!
Old 07-20-2009 | 04:43 PM
Village Idiot

I know this is irrelevant..

I got a 150 shot on my stock 1uz-fe 4.0 liter V8 quad cam Lexus SC400 motor.. When it kicks it literally feels like the engine delivers twice the power instantly. Rears instantly lite up in the first three gears.. Love it, until I got to pay $70 bucks to re-fill the bottles everytime..

I just wish I didn't have to hit a button to get that kind of power.. LS3 on the way soon thank god!!!
Old 07-20-2009 | 09:51 PM
Staging Lane

need to invest in a AFR guage for sure
Old 07-21-2009 | 08:54 AM
Launching!

Air/Fuel Ratios are just displayed in whole numbers from what I've seen, I don't know what those mean lol... I'm going to have to do some major reading it looks like, nitrous seemed somewhat simple...

Last edited by thatguy383; 07-21-2009 at 10:28 AM.
Old 07-22-2009 | 12:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Brian Coles
That is what the interface is for. It is inline with the maf and adds fule when spraying. I know it seems like a lot of trust in electronics but hell people live with pacemakers right!!
i've been learning alot lately and now i understand how dry works after the maf. new question though does the interface add fuel when the kit is turned on or only when its spraying and if you change jet size do you have to do a whole retune or is it a simple adjustment to the interface to add more fuel from like a 100 shot to a 150
Old 07-22-2009 | 08:54 AM
Launching!

I thought the point of dry, was to go before the MAFS so the car could compensate for the added oxygen on it own (if fuel pump and injectors were up to it) and it was less complicated for the user...?
Old 07-22-2009 | 05:08 PM
Launching!

No just when spraying. It also only pulls timing when it sprays so you drive at a normal timing untill you hit it. All you do is remove four screws flip at dip switch to set shot hp!
i've been learning alot lately and now i understand how dry works after the maf. new question though does the interface add fuel when the kit is turned on or only when its spraying and if you change jet size do you have to do a whole retune or is it a simple adjustment to the interface to add more fuel from like a 100 shot to a 150
Old 07-22-2009 | 06:37 PM
Staging Lane

The AFR number are very important so you dont run lean, Do a search and read,read,read
Old 07-23-2009 | 12:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 915 Likes on 655 Posts

I am new to nitrous and am planning to start with just a dry shot. I am going to get a 255 pump and upgrade my injectors to SV0 30's. I am also planning on using the HSW interface, that thing is sweet.

I'd like to spray 100-150.
Old 07-25-2009 | 01:58 AM
Teching In

You might want to go with bigger than the 30# SVO's if you wanna spray a 150. I ordered accel 30# which flow pretty close to those (little less) and they are already maxed at a 125 shot on my stock(K&N thats it) c5. Not to mention if you have any mods or plan more mods. Get 42 or 60's . I now have to rebuy injectors because these are too small already (90 percent duty cycle)
Old 07-25-2009 | 11:37 AM
FormerVendor

that's right, only adds fuel and pulls timing while the kit is activated. Just like a wet kit you tuen by adjusting fuel. Rather than playing around with fuel jets you simply adjust the dip switches in the interface. They may not correspond perfectly to your shot size, but its all relative and doesnt matter. You may find that 75 on the interface is good for a 100 shot. All depends on what A/F ratio you want to generate. A change in nitrous jet would just require you to adjust the interface as well. You dont need to retune the car, you just want to verify your A/F ratio.

As i mentioned the interface also pulls timing as well. It can only pull 3 degrees on the 98-02 fbodies and up to 12 on other models. With a very minimal amount of tuning you can pull any amount of timing you want. Other than pulling it through the tune i think this is the best method of pulling timing as you can physically see the timing being pulled on a log.
Old 07-25-2009 | 12:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 915 Likes on 655 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike@HSW
As i mentioned the interface also pulls timing as well. It can only pull 3 degrees on the 98-02 fbodies and up to 12 on other models.
Does the f body PCM limit how much timing can be pulled?
Old 07-25-2009 | 02:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Something i always like to point out when talking about the Interface and verifying the a/f ratio, is the fact that the MicroEdge not only works as a window switch and TPS, it also will display your a/f ratio in wide band if you have the sensor and in narrow band for those that don't. It has so many other options that it makes it a no brainier, IMO. it will display the ratio at all times if you chose to have it on your screen (other things can be displayed if ya like), whether spraying or not. A great addition to your tuning arsenal.
Robert

Quick Reply: Dry Shot Size...