Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous on 7 cylinders; how bad it is?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 02:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Exclamation Nitrous on 7 cylinders; how bad it is?

I realized I've done 2-3 runs on 7 cylinders on nitrous( a spark plug wire poped out?!) and I'm wondering if it can cause serious damage??

Now I have coolant that is spitting out my plastic overflow tank when going WOT, maybe a head gasket is gone..but this overflow problem is there since a while so maybe not related. I had the PowerSteering cooler problem too so maybe the radiator cap is gone and/or the coolant is still mixed with some PS fluid even after 1 small flush.

I'll have a look on the plugs tomorrow, especially the poped(wire poped) out one.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:23 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnnystock
I realized I've done 2-3 runs on 7 cylinders on nitrous( a spark plug wire poped out?!) and I'm wondering if it can cause serious damage??

Now I have coolant that is spitting out my plastic overflow tank when going WOT, maybe a head gasket is gone..but this overflow problem is there since a while so maybe not related. I had the PowerSteering cooler problem too so maybe the radiator cap is gone and/or the coolant is still mixed with some PS fluid even after 1 small flush.

I'll have a look on the plugs tomorrow, especially the poped(wire poped) out one.
Do a leakdown to verify that cylinder. I'm surprised you didn't feel anything with a whole cylinder down.

Nick
Old 08-07-2009, 10:54 AM
TECH Addict

I felt the car wasnt as strong as usual. The wire wasnt completly off, so maybe it was still getting some crappy fire..I heard a noise on nitrous but it was gone on the next run so it came off my mind.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:39 AM
TECH Addict

I've just check the #7 poped out spark plug wire, and the plug is fine; nice cafe color even and its there since a while. TR6s by the way.