Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NOS Newbie bottle mounting Q's

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009 | 06:23 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by AlaskaBlack
I know nitrous is not flamable and all the movie ****. But I didnt know about to much bottle pressure or things cracking and the bottle go flying all over. Is the bottle mount on your site?
I don't have pics of it installed but I bought the tunnel mount from nitrous outlet.
Old 09-04-2009 | 07:52 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jeepers_88
Thats a very similar bottle mount to the one i have, works awesome, very quick to release and install, also doubles as a carry handle. Also, the hex wing adapters reffered to above are great, I have one on my feed line and eliminates the need for a wrench to take on/off the feed line, my blow down tube is a much larger fitting and I only screw it on hand tight (it's a straight open hose to the outside of the car, so it dosent need to be super tight) As far as the pressures are concerned, there is a rupture disk designed to fail around 3000psi to allow the tank to empty instead of exploding, this is what your blow down tube is for. The tanks can take a lot more than that and are required to be recertified every so often.
Thats good info! I did not know that. So instead of a actual blowdown tube I can just use a hose then?
Old 09-04-2009 | 10:30 PM
On The Tree

Thats good info! I did not know that. So instead of a actual blowdown tube I can just use a hose then?
I used -8 braided nitrous hose with a bulkhead fitting to exit my car... I left a full bottle in my car last week and came out to an empty tank. It got to hot in the car and when the blow off disc let loose the hose set up worked perfectly...

The nitrous isnt dangerous in the car so to say, but if the tank ever blew off from exessive bottle pressure next to your child it wouldnt be great... The pressure is extreme, not to mention icey cold... Just take the bottle out when your family is in the car...
Old 09-05-2009 | 05:18 PM
11 Second Club

Sorry to confuse you, No its just not a regular hose, I have -8an braided hose thats connected to a bulkhead fitting (exactly as stated above) in the bottom of my spare wheelwell. Dont just use any old hose.... it will split or come apart if that disc ruptures and defeat the purpose of having it there. Sorry I wasnt clearer on that.
Old 09-05-2009 | 07:25 PM
11 Second Club

I know there's a sponsor that sells the braided line as a blow down tube but I forget which!
Old 09-06-2009 | 08:11 AM
11 Second Club

I got mine from a local speed shop, he had a long roll of it, I just told him how much I needed, he cut it off and sold me the fittings I needed, and presto, I had a flexible blow down tube that could mount anywhere