Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying a Used Bottle, What to Look Out For??

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 09:34 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hennytime
I see a lot of good information here, but a lot of kids copy/pasting from wikipedia.

LOL Not this guy. That would be cheating. I don't need wiki or google to babble on about useless aircraft information. I have 11 years of that kind of **** stuck in my brain.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:03 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TARZAN
Do you know if the owner ever heated it with a torch?....if so, let them keep it.

-Will
.... We heat every bottle with a torch... ever seen a pro team not have a torch at he line? ... drink the coolade.....
Old 09-10-2009, 12:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

New Rules for NHRA sanctioned tracks

Nitrous Oxide
The use of any agents other than NOS as part of, or mixed with, this pressurized fuel system is strictly
prohibited. All bottels must be securely mounted, stamped with minimum DOT 1800 pound rating, and
identified as nitrous oxide. Nitrous oxide bottle(s) located in the driver compartment must be equipped with a
relief valve and vented outside the compartment. System must be commercially available, and installed as per
manufacture's recommendations. Commercially available thermostatically controlled blanket -type warmer
accepted. Any other external heating of bottle(s) prohibited.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:27 PM
TECH Addict

Thats always been a rule..... Our best local track is IHRA. Again they will not stop the "show" and ban torches. its impossibe to keep pressures up at 50* while waiting in pits. they only impose these rules on T&T'rs
Old 09-10-2009, 05:20 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ShiznityZ28
Thats always been a rule..... Our best local track is IHRA. Again they will not stop the "show" and ban torches. its impossibe to keep pressures up at 50* while waiting in pits. they only impose these rules on T&T'rs
I know what you're saying on this. I usually try to keep the car closed up in the lanes to try and keep some heat in it.

Quick Reply: Buying a Used Bottle, What to Look Out For??