Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous Outlet 92mm Plate System Issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 07:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous Outlet 92mm Plate System Issue

I have the complete Nitrous Outlet 92mm $1,700.00 plate system. Window switch, heater, purge, bottle opener, 15lbs bottle, 4 button ash tray, saftey fuel pressure switch ect. The system has worked great for about (3) months and I have ran (3) bottles through it.

My problem is some times the system activates at 3000 RPM's and some times nothing happens at all. Last night I took the car out and purged the nitrous and first air came out then 2 seconds white cloud. The system activated as normal. Then on the second run it would not work, tried again and nothing.

The next day I get up to try it again at 3000 RPM's the system activates and smokes the tires in third gear YA!! Then second try nothing!! What is going on here??

I did try and by-pass the fuel saftey switch and it did the same thing, works then it does not work. Any ideas of an easy way to trouble shoot this?
Old 09-20-2009, 07:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Loose connections? Check things with a volt meter. Relays?
Old 09-20-2009, 10:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

it does kind of sound like a wiring problem
Old 09-21-2009, 05:24 PM
On The Tree

The system is new I would not think the relay would be bad already. looks like its time to start checking wires.

Thanks for your help!
Old 09-21-2009, 05:32 PM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

if you can watch the display on the window switch you can tell if the WS is commandin the unit on, and if its a loose connection between the WS and the car it will tell you where to look

the first character from the left is the TPS
the 2nd is the 1st stage RPM window
the 3rd is the 2nd stage rpm

1 = active
0 = off
L = Locked out by the gear lock out feature

to activate the first stage you have to see a one in the 1st and 2nd characters

give us a call if you need further help
Old 09-21-2009, 05:56 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default System sometimes won't spray at 3000 RPM

I'm no expert that's for sure but I did purchase the exact same system from Nitrous Dave's except I have the VGuage Progressive Controller. I had the exact same issue with inconsistent spraying. It would drive me nuts because one time it would spray and the next it wouldn't. I finally narrowed it down to a spike on activation which was kicking in the A/F cut-off. I changed the delay from 5/10s to 1 full second on the A/F cut-off and have never had a problem since. Not sure if this is your issue but might give you some other things to think about. Incidently, I have contacted Chris at Nitrous Dave's a number of times regarding questions on my set-up and have found him to be very receptive to helping out. They really stand behind their products!
Old 09-24-2009, 08:13 PM
On The Tree

The problem is fixed!! Thank you Greg with G-force for looking over the wiring and fixing some lose connections. This was not the solution to the problem but I know this would have been problematic down the road. Chris with Nitrous Outlet you are the best you always support your product and come up with solutions.

The voltage from the throttle body read 5.1 and should have read 4.7. Chris had me re-set the window switch by holding wide open throttle for (2) seconds and the voltage was 4.7 perfict! Now the system activates every time.

CHRIS YOU ARE THE MAN!!! EVERYONE READING THIS BUY FROM NITROUS OUTLET THERE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS SECOND TO NONE!
Old 10-12-2009, 09:40 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the feedback on NOS outlet, I'm getting ready to buy their 92mm nos plate. Dave was great on the phone with my questions
Old 10-12-2009, 11:04 AM
Chris@NitroDaves

Sweeeeeeeeeet....I'm glad to see it worked out for you.