Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best nitrous kit and supplies

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2003 | 08:08 PM
Teching In

Default Best nitrous kit and supplies

Whant to buy a 150 shot of nitrous for an Ls6 with MTI head and cam package. Will go into a corvette. Want to be able to activate from the drivers seat without getting out of the car. Also want to be safe for a 6 speed. Which kit and what options? Also would appreciate any advice or pictures on the install and where to buy. Thanks,Buzz
Old 12-03-2003 | 11:09 PM
Staging Lane

Well of course I am biased toward NX so my opinion may not mean alot but I would recommend NX. The single nozzle NX systems can easily add the extra horsepower you are looking for and are very safe and dependable as well as being resonably priced. Another option is the MAF system from NX. I have sold quite a few of these systems to LSx guys and I have heard nothing but good feedback. If you want a system you can operate from the dirvers seat 100% you will want an automatic bottle valve. They work great and the system is ready to go with the touch of a button. A good addition to any nitrous system is a bottle heater. It makes the system much more consistent and ensures that you are always ready. Another good safety device is a window switch. It will keep you from spraying at too low of RPMs and will shut the nitrous off before you hit the rev limiter also which is very important. Some guys also set the window switch up to shut off the nitrous during gear changes to save some wear and tear on the transmission. As far as where to buy it, well of course I am biased there also-I would buy from me! j/k If you have any questions feel free to email me at sales@speedtechnologies.net or call me at 417-581-1175. Thanks
Old 12-04-2003 | 12:03 AM
Restricted User

I like Steves response...not only plugging, but informative, helpful, real.

I too am biased, NX user, but doesnt matter what manufacturer you go with as long as it is not NOS, Venom, CompuCar, Edelbrock, or TNT. j/k. Recommend wet kit, and the safety features listed above, as well as a blown down tune and pressure fitting, so in the event the bottle pressure reaches too high a level it will vent to the exterior of the car safely--ok really cuz NHRA says you gotta have it!
A fuel pressure safety switch (FPSS) is really recommended, if the pressure drops, the Nitrous stops = saves engine!
You may hear a hype about one kit making xx more than the other one, but if you use the same jets, botttle pressure and weather you will get the same results from any kit, as long as the orifices are sized to allow the flow! Where one kit (NX)jets conservative, another (TNT) may not. But anyway.
And lastly, a good filter. What a filter, well, if you get a dirty fill and one of those little orfices gets plugged, or a solenoid gets stopped open you are screwed!

Good-luck