Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

timing retards after an n/a tune

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 12:08 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default timing retards after an n/a tune

what timing retard is everyone using for there nitrous .. my car will have a set of texas speed heads/ms3 cam/full bolt ons/ converter etc etc... i want to have the car tuned n/a for max power and they use hp tuners.. once i have that done can i just add the nitrous using a timing retard.. in my head i dont see why i would need it tuned for both, when using a wet kit.. whatever timing retard i get will have to be capable of 10 deg retard as i will hit this thing up to a 250 once i get the standalone installed, thanks

p.s- i was looking at the interface but it only pulls 3 deg's. so that is out..
Old 10-14-2009, 01:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

[QUOTE=biggb;1

p.s- i was looking at the interface but it only pulls 3 deg's. so that is
out..[/QUOTE]
I think it can pull more if you use HP tuner with it,but you may want to check with Harris to be sure
Old 10-14-2009, 01:24 AM
Teching In

yes i do know that to be true, i dont have hp tuners and do not want to invest in that software or laptop , im going to have it tuned n/a and the tuner use's hp.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:42 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Timing Tuner.....also works as a window switch and delay box. I'm using one, works good.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

also lingenfelter has a nice one too,but its some $$ I hear..Daves nitrous outlet carries it
Old 10-14-2009, 09:26 AM
Staging Lane

just watch the for sale threads. they are up for grabs all the time.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by biggb
yes i do know that to be true, i dont have hp tuners and do not want to invest in that software or laptop , im going to have it tuned n/a and the tuner use's hp.
you can have them altered via a mail order tune from frost.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:23 AM
TECH Resident

Just do the relay timing tricker and have your tuner modify the IAT tables. Cheap and effective.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:58 AM
Teching In

modify them when he tunes the n/a part of it?

im digging the lingenfelter timing retard.. 15 deg's of retard without any other mods, but i was wondering do i have to use the step rpm to use the retard ? will it work without that.. the timing tuner is nice if it is a window switch , as i was told not to spray through the shifts on my trans/converter...

initially i wanted the interface but the fact that i would have to trailer the car out of town again when nitrous went on was the killer to that plan..

im going to build the shortblock now since winter is here in p.a.. but that is a whole other decision and a half hahaha ....
Old 10-14-2009, 12:05 PM
Launching!

timing tuner works for me. I has a lot of settings and is quick to set and be done. I know there is a lot of sponsore on here that have them also. tuner seems real simple to me.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

initially i wanted the interface but the fact that i would have to trailer the car out of town again when nitrous went on was the killer to that plan..
why would you have to trailer the car? Send the pcm to your tuner and have the tables adjusted. Whats so hard about that?
Old 10-14-2009, 07:34 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Lingenfelter LNC timing retard

You can trigger the timing retard portion of the Lingenfelter LNC-002 and never use the 2-step/RPM limiter function if you want. Separate triggers exist for each. The timing retard is not RPM triggered although you could use our digital RPM window switch or our MPH switch (or most other devices) to trigger it if you wanted to. It can also just be activated when ever the nitrous is activated.

With the timing retard function you can adjust the amount of retard and the rate of the retard.

im digging the lingenfelter timing retard.. 15 deg's of retard without any other mods, but i was wondering do i have to use the step rpm to use the retard ? will it work without that.. the timing tuner is nice if it is a window switch , as i was told not to spray through the shifts on my trans/converter...

im going to build the shortblock now since winter is here in p.a.. but that is a whole other decision and a half hahaha ....
Old 10-14-2009, 11:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
why would you have to trailer the car? Send the pcm to your tuner and have the tables adjusted. Whats so hard about that?
why would i.. no point in letting the car sit, when all i need is a perfect n/a tune .. after that all i need is a way to get the timing out of the car for the spray and a window switch for safety....with a stand alone fuel system, wet nitrous kit.. i dont see a reason why it would need to sent away at this stage in the game.. if this will get me started , that would be great. i do plan on buying tuning software eventually down the road,but for now im only looking to go 9.50's or so nothing major...
Old 10-14-2009, 11:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Jason Haines @ LPE
You can trigger the timing retard portion of the Lingenfelter LNC-002 and never use the 2-step/RPM limiter function if you want. Separate triggers exist for each. The timing retard is not RPM triggered although you could use our digital RPM window switch or our MPH switch (or most other devices) to trigger it if you wanted to. It can also just be activated when ever the nitrous is activated.

With the timing retard function you can adjust the amount of retard and the rate of the retard.

this will be wired to retard as the nitrous power on switch is selected.. using a micro switch and footbraking the car for this year, i dont see a 2 step being needed, thanks i have made my choice
Old 12-03-2009, 08:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

does your device have a window switch? if not can it be used with a msd(with pills) window switch
Old 12-03-2009, 08:44 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Window switch

The LNC does not have a window switch built in but it can be used with any window switch (MSD, ours etc.).

Originally Posted by john563
does your device have a window switch? if not can it be used with a msd(with pills) window switch
Old 12-03-2009, 09:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

The LNC does not have a window switch built in but it can be used with any window switch (MSD, ours etc.).
thanks for your fast response!! Have not heard ANY issues with your unit,so I'll def buy it after christmas..Dont care about the added expense of a window switch..Reliability is my main concern
Old 12-03-2009, 02:37 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

I had a timing tuner on my car but took it off to use the Lingenfelter unit. We have also done several installs with it and Dave has one on his Camaro.

We love it.

Here is a link to it
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...1&product=3467
Old 12-03-2009, 02:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Chris@NitroDaves
I had a timing tuner on my car but took it off to use the Lingenfelter unit. We have also done several installs with it and Dave has one on his Camaro.

We love it.

Here is a link to it
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...1&product=3467
bought your specific 98-02 fbody 90mm plate kit through ron at vengeance..wife is gettin a gift cert thorough ron and I'll finish the kit after xmas..Just figuing it out now so I'll know what I want when I buy,but the lingenfelter is a sure thing..Debating on a Nano kit just yet
Old 12-06-2009, 08:09 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ron has a pretty much new nano system for sale I bet he will give you a good deal on..