Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True or False- Who has the best design!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 03:54 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
Dave, I know that you did not save any plugs, but could you please contact one of your customers that is using your plate and spraying 300 worth of nitrous to take the plugs from a full 1/4 mile pass and take very good pictures of them, all with the ground cut off so we can see the fuel ring and whatnot.

I'm not saying good or bad, I just want to see what they look like. Details on the car, motor, what it runs, etc. would also be helpful.

Thank you.

Also, your DP setups are some of the nicest looking plumbing jobs I have seen to date, and I am sure that in capable hands (like Conrad) they're capable of delivering the power needed to really put up a #.
That is alot to ask of a customer that is not being payed to do so. However I will see what I can come up with. For many of our more serious racers race season is over and they are tore down to prepare for next year. Not saying this is not possible. I will see what I can do.

Thanks for the complements on our direct port work.
Dave
Old 11-04-2009, 04:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dave,

So this is what you do all day?? Bitch about other ppl's products.. tisk tisk LOL I KID I KID! Good stuff to know (although I honestly didn't get through it all) Makes me happy that Im a Nitrous Outlet customer!

....and the fact that you are just dead sexy

PS. If you like those pics of yalls install from Trevor yall can use 'em or I can have him send you some?
Old 11-04-2009, 04:16 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ShiznityZ28
NEWB....
Dave just did Conrads direct port. its sick and conrad is joking.....
i figured it to be sarcasm, but was unsure if it had deeper meaning. i mean since my life dont evolve around ls1 tech and i dont post every event in my life here and all... just over look us newbs
Old 11-04-2009, 06:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dave, I haven't been posting over here very much, but your comments on the "made in the USA" and really made in China are spot-on, and inspired me to post up. I take that subject very seriously, especially since it has directly affected me in the past. Our company had 1 to 2 full-time production workers producing parts for a Nitrous Manufacturer, for almost 2 years on a part we developed. We had an excellent delivery record, and top notch quality. We took a great deal of pride in our work. However, even though we developed the product, and produced it at first, it is now being produced over-seas. Sure, its only 2 US jobs that were lost and overall it won't make any big effect on our economy except for those 2 people. The worst part is I still see that damn "Made in the USA" logo on it which makes me sick.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

holy novel batman!!! lol! good read tho!

dave, glad to say im a nitrous outlet guy! for now i just have the single nozzle wet kit, havent even got to spray yet, got shipped to iraq way too early, lol!

keep up the good work!
Old 11-04-2009, 08:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 910 Likes on 650 Posts

Good thread. I will have to read it again later tonight, and it's "sense".
Old 11-04-2009, 09:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great post. Nice to see you took the time to try different things on the plate kit to find what works the best.

I would like to do a plate system, but that would pull away from my "stealth" install.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:56 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Holy Jeez at the 5 long posts in sucession at 4AM! Cocaine much?!?

Sorry, back to nitrous lurking for me
Old 11-05-2009, 07:13 AM
TECH Regular

I was going to answer true, but I guess the exclamation point indicates it's not a question.

Good read, worth the time to carefully go through it.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ShiznityZ28
NEWB....
Dave just did Conrads direct port. its sick and conrad is joking.....
I'm not a newbie by any means. I choose to read rather than post typically, but with as many threads and builds that go on this board some of us can't always keep up with every single build. There's no reason to try and flame someone for not dedicating his life to reading the entire nitrous section...
Old 11-06-2009, 12:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 910 Likes on 650 Posts

I bought a complete HSW wet kit. I am wanting to get a plate system. Trying to figure out which one of the two is the best.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:58 AM
11 Second Club

anyone have cliff notes?
Old 11-06-2009, 11:01 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 860 Performance
Dave, I haven't been posting over here very much, but your comments on the "made in the USA" and really made in China are spot-on, and inspired me to post up. I take that subject very seriously, especially since it has directly affected me in the past. Our company had 1 to 2 full-time production workers producing parts for a Nitrous Manufacturer, for almost 2 years on a part we developed. We had an excellent delivery record, and top notch quality. We took a great deal of pride in our work. However, even though we developed the product, and produced it at first, it is now being produced over-seas. Sure, its only 2 US jobs that were lost and overall it won't make any big effect on our economy except for those 2 people. The worst part is I still see that damn "Made in the USA" logo on it which makes me sick.
Hey Vinny,
Good to see you posting... I am with you on this one. And every one wonders why our economy is the way it is..
Old 11-06-2009, 11:03 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Frost
Holy Jeez at the 5 long posts in sucession at 4AM! Cocaine much?!?

Sorry, back to nitrous lurking for me
LOL. No drugs for me. I am use to operating on 4 to 5 hours of sleep and working 16 hour days. Exactly the reason why I laugh when people make comments about how nice it must be to own your own buisness. They think we are taking golf and fishing days ors something on a regular basis.

Dave
Old 11-06-2009, 12:23 PM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
LOL. No drugs for me. I am use to operating on 4 to 5 hours of sleep and working 16 hour days. Exactly the reason why I laugh when people make comments about how nice it must be to own your own buisness. They think we are taking golf and fishing days ors something on a regular basis.

Dave
haha, i hear you on this for sure. lol

i ran 250 threw my Plate from dave back when i had the fast and hydrolic roller in my car. she ran great besides colapsing the lifters. lol
plugs spot on as long as my fuel pressure was correct. and i ran a low pressure system and dave had to be sure the system was good for it.
he is on the crank tho. poor guy
Old 11-06-2009, 01:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Wayne,
To be honest with you I have never saved spark plugs. I have tried but then I get annoyed with the clutter and throw them in the trash. I have also never tried to take pictures of the spark plugs to use for advertising reasons. The reson why is I do not have a camera that is capable of magnifying the point of focus enough to clearly show in great detail. Dont get me wrong our camera can focus in pretty good but I do not have the correct lense for that job.

I have been talking to a buddy of mine that is in photagraphy to see if he could take some pictures for me for a spark plug reading how to I am working on in my very little amount of free time.

Dave
Don't show me pictures of plugs after Nitrous runs unless you also tell me who and when your injectors were balanced. Next thing I want to look at are the coil packs.

I assume everyone is talking about STREET or limited Street cars? And while we're on the subject of Nitrous. Weren't there some Nitrous Pops recently in Memphis? WHY
Old 11-06-2009, 03:25 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by J-R10-5
Don't show me pictures of plugs after Nitrous runs unless you also tell me who and when your injectors were balanced. Next thing I want to look at are the coil packs.

I assume everyone is talking about STREET or limited Street cars? And while we're on the subject of Nitrous. Weren't there some Nitrous Pops recently in Memphis? WHY

Ill get you guys some plug pictures when the season comes back around. People act like this is some black majic or something. Hell just look at the number of guys on this board using our plate for 250 for years now. There are only a few doing 300 because not everyone has the tuning knowldege or capability of lestening to the motor when it is talking to you.

People were blowing up left and right in Memphis. For the most part I understood most of them were the NMCA guys. Im guessing the cold air had there tune ups way off. I know one guy that lifted a head and hurt a head gasket due. I assume probably because of the small head bolts. Thats all I am aware of that I know personaly.
Dave

Last edited by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet; 11-06-2009 at 05:57 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:09 PM
Teching In

Dave - VERY good information and a good read.

Thanks for taking the time to post!
Old 12-17-2009, 03:59 PM
FormerVendor

No problem.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:56 PM
9 Second Club

Im glad you took time to post this.

Quick Reply: True or False- Who has the best design!