Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous Outlet plate or Harris Speed's plate

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 06:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just because it on special doesnt mean its cheap..i believe for what people are spraying threw them 200 shot tops they both are good..HSW is running a great promotion right now and at theend nitrous is nitrous..you choose your company but its the holidays and if he want to save some $$$$ go with the hsw not for the price but they have exceptional quality just like nitrous outlet..both are great companys and whoever you choose you will not be disspaointed
Old 12-17-2009, 06:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wforty94
The customer service that i have received from Nitrous Outlet has been more than enough for me to use them exclusively for all my nitrous needs. They really are the best in my opinion.
+1

eventhough i havent ever dealt with Harris, the customer service at nitrous outlet is enough to keep me coming back even if their prices are slightly higher than someone else
Old 12-17-2009, 07:39 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by cammedG8
just because it on special doesnt mean its cheap..i believe for what people are spraying threw them 200 shot tops they both are good..HSW is running a great promotion right now and at theend nitrous is nitrous..you choose your company but its the holidays and if he want to save some $$$$ go with the hsw not for the price but they have exceptional quality just like nitrous outlet..both are great companys and whoever you choose you will not be disspaointed
we could charge full price if that will make everyone feel better about it lol, though im sure that will change nothing about the quality of the kit or the service you will get. Same goes in the opposite direction, high prices doesnt always mean its better. I could sell a **** sandwich for a $1,000 dollars but it may not be as good as something off the dollar menu.

Its been a TOUGH year for a lot of people out there and the bottom line is, price matters more than ever. We are an exceptionally well run company and that is the reason we are able to offer lower prices than anyone.
Old 12-18-2009, 08:43 AM
Restricted User

Like I said early in the thread does anyone have dyno numbers comparing the same shot on both plates and actually seeing a power difference?
Old 12-19-2009, 10:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i've dealt with both companies and it seems like they both have great customer service. i've also had somewhat minor issues with defects with products from both companies in the past. the problem ticket "crap" worked to provide the best support. the hsw ticket system threw me off at first, but i've found its actually pretty awesome. i can have a question at some odd hour in the middle of the night, input a ticket, then get an answer in my email before i even wake up. i like this better than planning to place a call to someone a few hours outside of my time zone during normal business hours (i get busy and forget).

both companies have a lot of great products and happy customers.
my current setup includes both hsw and nitrous outlet stuff.
Old 12-19-2009, 11:19 AM
Restricted User

Cool

Originally Posted by BobDoLe
i've dealt with both companies and it seems like they both have great customer service. i've also had somewhat minor issues with defects with products from both companies in the past. the problem ticket "crap" worked to provide the best support. the hsw ticket system threw me off at first, but i've found its actually pretty awesome. i can have a question at some odd hour in the middle of the night, input a ticket, then get an answer in my email before i even wake up. i like this better than planning to place a call to someone a few hours outside of my time zone during normal business hours (i get busy and forget).

both companies have a lot of great products and happy customers.
my current setup includes both hsw and nitrous outlet stuff.
I understand customer service plays a big roll when you buy a product....but can we move along to the actual product? I mean I know from a first hand expirience tuning a customers cars we picked up .6 and 5 mph from a Nitrous Outlets 50 shot jet spread on their 92mm plate....so lets start comparing performance gains now....
Old 12-19-2009, 11:53 AM
Teching In

How big of a shot u want to spray??0-200 shot threw any of the plates should yield similar results..from what I've seen Harris plate is a full 360 degree shot which is awesome looking on video lol and the nitrous outlet hits from the top from there video..each will run right in the manifold but who's has a better distribution??you choose..are you spraying everyday??
Old 12-19-2009, 12:37 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

How big of a shot u want to spray?
This is critical. Because if you're looking to go 250 or more you shouldn't even be looking at plates, you need to put a fogger on the car.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:37 PM
Restricted User

How big of a shot u want to spray??0-200 shot threw any of the plates should yield similar results..from what I've seen Harris plate is a full 360 degree shot which is awesome looking on video lol and the nitrous outlet hits from the top from there video..each will run right in the manifold but who's has a better distribution??you choose..are you spraying everyday??
Yes...their videos are pretty....but does anyone have numbers? Whether they be dyno or track....I'd love to see some actual performance comparison between the two....
Old 12-20-2009, 12:50 PM
Race your car!

I know of one cam car that's about 3600 lbs that went 11.9 to 12.1 at roughly 117 on motor, 100 shot thru a harris plate car went 11.3 to 11.2 at 122.x with the supplied harris 100 jetting.

Nitrous outlet plates, similar results. 100 shot on a h/c car that was going 11.4 car went 10.7, not sure on the mph pickup, but I know it was with the supplied 100 shot jetting.

Both cars picked up about the same ET, granted one is faster but it's also a good bit lighter and has a set of heads on it, it started faster, and picked up roughly the same amount.

I've also seen results with a nos plate, 100 hit, car was a consistant 10.5 car, 100 shot put it to 9.8 This was my own personal car fwiw, with the supplied nos jetting, which was a good bit richer then both the harris and nitro dave plate. This plate is also tapped out a little sooner then the other ones as far as what it will flow... but it' stops flowing at a level where you should stop adding power with the plate anyway, so in my eyes it's a mute point.
Old 12-20-2009, 01:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 214 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Zero4488
Yes...their videos are pretty....but does anyone have numbers? Whether they be dyno or track....I'd love to see some actual performance comparison between the two....
I'll have results in the Spring for Nitrous Outlet's 90mm F body plate.
I'm figuring a little less than a sec on 100shot and a lil more than a sec on 150shot
Old 12-20-2009, 01:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

first let me say both companies are outstanding. i have a HSW wet kit and i sent it to dave to get the moneymaker kit built lol so i have both compaines to call for help when i need it. i dont have the time slips on me b/c they are in my car (in storage) but i ran a 12.15 w/ a 1.78 60ft on motor (mods in sig) then ran a 11.31 w/ a 1.67 60ft with a 80shot!!!!! so the kit works wonders. the only problem i was wondering about is i was told the noids from HSW are small and tend to fail. i was wondering if they could chime in about this (was told this by another sponsor on the site). i have had absolutley no problems though except for a bad purge but i called and one was sent out the next day w.o question!!!! so it really a toss up. both compaines are amazing but i think i would stay with HSW just because it has been proven first hand and i LOVE my results... hoping to turn it up a little bit this winter
Old 12-21-2009, 09:55 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by transamfreak01
first let me say both companies are outstanding. i have a HSW wet kit and i sent it to dave to get the moneymaker kit built lol so i have both compaines to call for help when i need it. i dont have the time slips on me b/c they are in my car (in storage) but i ran a 12.15 w/ a 1.78 60ft on motor (mods in sig) then ran a 11.31 w/ a 1.67 60ft with a 80shot!!!!! so the kit works wonders. the only problem i was wondering about is i was told the noids from HSW are small and tend to fail. i was wondering if they could chime in about this (was told this by another sponsor on the site). i have had absolutley no problems though except for a bad purge but i called and one was sent out the next day w.o question!!!! so it really a toss up. both compaines are amazing but i think i would stay with HSW just because it has been proven first hand and i LOVE my results... hoping to turn it up a little bit this winter
All purges are small based unless going with a "show" style purge. All of our solenoids feature a high temperature coil rating. And the purges that have the high temp coils are rated to 1200 psi.

Thanks

Nick
Old 12-21-2009, 09:56 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
I know of one cam car that's about 3600 lbs that went 11.9 to 12.1 at roughly 117 on motor, 100 shot thru a harris plate car went 11.3 to 11.2 at 122.x with the supplied harris 100 jetting.

Nitrous outlet plates, similar results. 100 shot on a h/c car that was going 11.4 car went 10.7, not sure on the mph pickup, but I know it was with the supplied 100 shot jetting.

Both cars picked up about the same ET, granted one is faster but it's also a good bit lighter and has a set of heads on it, it started faster, and picked up roughly the same amount.

I've also seen results with a nos plate, 100 hit, car was a consistant 10.5 car, 100 shot put it to 9.8 This was my own personal car fwiw, with the supplied nos jetting, which was a good bit richer then both the harris and nitro dave plate. This plate is also tapped out a little sooner then the other ones as far as what it will flow... but it' stops flowing at a level where you should stop adding power with the plate anyway, so in my eyes it's a mute point.
But see this is exactly what I wanted to see....another cam car going 11.9ish at 117with a Nitrous Dave's plate with their 50 shot jet spread went 11.21 @ 122.....
Old 12-21-2009, 10:00 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Zero4488
But see this is exactly what I wanted to see....another cam car going 11.9ish at 117with a Nitrous Dave's plate with their 50 shot jet spread went 11.21 @ 122.....
You understand that you'll never be able to compare two entirely different cars right? Especially at two different locations...I guess I really don't see a reason for these types of threads.

Nick
Old 12-21-2009, 11:08 AM
Race your car!

I'm talking about a car running at LVD too, and this was the first time the car was run with nitrous.

FWIW, I don't think for a second that it was the absolute best that car can do, nor was the n/a runs the absolute best... I have done it myself, and I can think of at least a dozen other people that have gone down to atco and picked up .3 and 4 mph, with no change to a car whatsoever from running at LVD in the summer time. It's just an altitude/da thing.... lebannon on an the average day, due to them being 700 ft above sea level and it getting warm there, have an average da of roughly 2500.

You can make a case for any of these plates to be better then another but at some point, a 55 jet is a 55 jet, as long as you're not restricting the jet size, it will be capable of making X amount of power on a certain motor, every motor being a little different.

And... you can only distribute X amount evenly, when introducing nitrous into a 14 inch long plenum that has intake runners at all points along this length.
Old 12-22-2009, 07:41 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Nick@HSW
You understand that you'll never be able to compare two entirely different cars right? Especially at two different locations...I guess I really don't see a reason for these types of threads.

Nick
I understand what you are saying but no one has ever compared these plates back to back? Hell GMHTP does cam swaps back to back and compares numbers....why can't someone simply swap kits? I'm purely interested in the performance aspect of each. I was looking into a Brue Force kit for my personal car. I have my expirience with the Nitrous Outlet 92mm plate and think it works fantastic. Both companies probably sell their kits with a conservative jet spread. I'd love to know how both kit's jet spreads compare on the dyno and on the track in it's respective plate. Not trying to knock either, I just wanna know which is the best.....
Old 12-22-2009, 09:34 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my car runs 10.1 at 136 with a harris plate on a 150. with a ton of problems on my end. should run easy 9.80's then we will step up in jet. just a simple 3400lb cam only car. runs 11.20's on motor the way it is set up now.

Harris' plate is my choice. they are great company and great bunch of guys.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:53 PM
On The Tree

nos plate system gets the job done nicely

Quick Reply: Nitrous Outlet plate or Harris Speed's plate