Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

freeze filling

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 11:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a filter is definitely a good idea! but i dont use a valve... you might waste a little nitrous, but my line from bottle to bottle is only about 3 1/2 feet, so 3 1/2 feet of -4 line isnt too much nitrous IMO so i dont really worry about it
Old 12-17-2009, 11:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by custm2500
Syphoning sucks. I used to have to get my bottle filled that way and it is a pain in the ***! You don't have to freeze it either the refridgerator gets it cold enough. But that means people who want to get filled up either clear out half there food(did this a time or two and the old lady wasn't happy) or drop it off and wait a few hours for you to cool and fill the bottle. Not worth it in my opinion. There are 2 or 3 other shops around here plus at the track that I can get filled and they all have pumps.

Syphoning works but more hassle then it is worth in my opinon.
You constantly make it obvious that you don't know what you are talking about in nitrous threads.
Old 12-19-2009, 04:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

please do not HEAT!!! your bottle. There was a guy who used to do that in Mobile... the local air gas noted some burning on hos mother bottles from using a torch to heat his bottles. One day he heated to much and BOOM! he never ever heated another bottle again. The fire department found fragments of him and his bottle within a quarter mile.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:38 AM
10 Second Club

Only use a couple 10lb bottles per month. However this thread has me considering a mother bottle just for convenience. Sounds quite easy so with that said, Anyone have a picture of their set-up?
Old 12-20-2009, 10:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

i can get a picture of mine in a little bit.

but FWIW ive always heard that nitrous that sits in the bottle for a while isnt as "good" as brand new... but idk if ths necessarily true or not
Old 12-20-2009, 05:53 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by sprayedenali

but FWIW ive always heard that nitrous that sits in the bottle for a while isnt as "good" as brand new... but idk if ths necessarily true or not
If anyone has some old nitrous I can dispose of it for you my motor doesn't care how old it is.

We are talking about a liquid(compressed gas) here. Not c_16 in a plastic and vented tank.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:02 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mikes94z
If anyone has some old nitrous I can dispose of it for you my motor doesn't care how old it is.

We are talking about a liquid(compressed gas) here. Not c_16 in a plastic and vented tank.
Iam with mike94z ...I'll take all the old n20 you got!!
Old 12-20-2009, 06:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

im not saying i dont use it!! haha just that ive HEARD that it doesnt hit as hard... just throwin it out there, not claiming it to be true or not.
Old 12-20-2009, 07:20 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by sprayedenali
im not saying i dont use it!! haha just that ive HEARD that it doesnt hit as hard... just throwin it out there, not claiming it to be true or not.

Maybe if it was a 20 year old tank I knew nothing about. But if it is a tank I filled or had
I would think nothing about it. Rather it sat for two weeks or 10 years.