Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much difference does bottle pressure make?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 11:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I just tossed that out there as mentioned. I personally run around 1000 psi but thats me. Between 900-1000 and I am content. With HP Tuners, and a Wideband, my tunes have been pretty spot on A/F. Nano is definately the way to go but not manatory by no means.
Old 12-31-2009, 09:02 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMHO I think the nano system will make the car/truck more consistant. That being said, once you tune it right it should stay that way. I understand nano is new technology but It makes a better N20 system. Just like we used to use points, or even distributers and carbs. Times change I should get a kick back from NANO lol
Old 12-31-2009, 10:19 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by malibutwins
IMHO I think the nano system will make the car/truck more consistant. That being said, once you tune it right it should stay that way. I understand nano is new technology but It makes a better N20 system. Just like we used to use points, or even distributers and carbs. Times change I should get a kick back from NANO lol
Well said

The NANO system is very consistent. Here is a dyno graph to prove it, bottle heater vs. NANO.

The first three are with nano .049 nitrous jet. After the first three runs was with a heater (.052 jet). We only show 2 runs because one of them didnt make it for some reason. The last run was motor. Notice there is no torque differences with NANO all three back to back runs. The very last run with the NANO it made 1 extra hp. Look at how with the stock system all the dips and spikes throughout the run. The NANO has a overlayed smooth curve. The NANO also made 20 more rwhp with a smaller nitrous jet.

This was on a bone stock 94 lincoln mark 8.

You be the judge.

Old 12-31-2009, 10:21 AM
FormerVendor

Also if you look the heater was used on the car before the NANO. The stock run with no nitrous was the very first run on the car.
Old 12-31-2009, 10:29 AM
FormerVendor

Also, here is an article done by gm high tech. There is some dyno graphs of with and without NANO.

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...mes/index.html
Old 12-31-2009, 12:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Z-RATED94
I wouldn't even use the system without having the correct bottle pressure or close to it. A bottle heater or Nano system is almost mandatory for a safe nitrous system. How else are you going to make sure your nitrous tune is even close to what it should be?
I second that... If your bottle pressure is low enough, youll actually slow down...
Old 01-01-2010, 03:48 AM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Well the NANO looks like a good kit, but Im not going to buy that right now. So thats out of the question.

I got a blanket in today and will be hooking it up tomorrow. Try some test runs and I'll let you all know how it feels. thanks

Quick Reply: How much difference does bottle pressure make?