Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls3 + dry + microedge+= detailed questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 09:36 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls3 + dry + microedge+= detailed questions

Ive been doing my homework and im going to be doing my first dry system on my 2008 ls3 corvette.

I have a 42lb injector( i think) with a 100 shot (max) in mind. the car is stock with axleback corsas. I would think I should be ok on IJC, right or wrong?

second: would I be ok going with a hsw sudden impact (small single nozzle) kit versus the dry plate kit. I can hide this better as well. but placement to the MAF is a concern with a little nozzle. but then again its a small (75-100) hit

third: how would the HSW ME+ controller work with my stock 02 sensors. I have heard the ls3 vette has a WB instead of narrowband, but I cannot find out this information anywhere. Not sure if yall know or not.

also; would hsw timing/fuel controller be worth it over a tune? I wouldnt think so but just a thought.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:39 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by chetmo
Ive been doing my homework and im going to be doing my first dry system on my 2008 ls3 corvette.

I have a 42lb injector( i think) with a 100 shot (max) in mind. the car is stock with axleback corsas. I would think I should be ok on IJC, right or wrong?

second: would I be ok going with a hsw sudden impact (small single nozzle) kit versus the dry plate kit. I can hide this better as well. but placement to the MAF is a concern with a little nozzle. but then again its a small (75-100) hit

third: how would the HSW ME+ controller work with my stock 02 sensors. I have heard the ls3 vette has a WB instead of narrowband, but I cannot find out this information anywhere. Not sure if yall know or not.

also; would hsw timing/fuel controller be worth it over a tune? I wouldnt think so but just a thought.
Here would be my input...

Use the nozzle but use the Interface in conjunction with it. Move it post maf so you won't even have to worry about positioning it or trying to get a/f dialed in. Plus you you'll be able to pull timing with the flip of a switch.

Double check your injectors before proceeding...42's should cut it ok. I haven't heard of the LS3's running wideband sensors either...they should be narrowband.

Shoot me a PM and we'll get you set up.

Nick
Old 02-02-2010, 08:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have run my 42's to 644rwhp and didn't reach 80% duty cycle, so if you do have that size you will be fine.
Robert
Old 02-04-2010, 11:57 PM
11 Second Club

my old camaro has a 232/234 110+3 cam only set up 3675lbs spraying a 150dry shot with hsw plate, had the interface pull 5*. i had a racetronix pump and green tops and inj dc was in the mid 70s i belive. car trapped 128 not spraying in 1st it was a 6 speed with ls7 clutch.

that same kit is in my friends ls1 notch. doing dry dp on the new edelbrock pro flow xt manifold. will be using teh interface to control it.

imo hsw interface is the bomb!
Old 02-05-2010, 10:03 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by bad6as
that same kit is in my friends ls1 notch.
Something about the notches that I love...

Nick