Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MSD 8733 2Step w/Nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 07:10 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MSD 8733 2Step w/Nitrous

Does anyone know or have a diagram of how to wire up the new MSD 2Step to deactivate nitrous at the start line while at WOT on the 2Step at anything over 3K?
Old 02-04-2010, 02:03 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

I dont have a diagram for that exact senario but here is how you would wire in a transbreak which is almost the same thing....because the transbreak cuts the kit off till you launch

Old 02-04-2010, 07:01 PM
Banned

I'll be more detailed here, I'm running a NOS Mini Progressive unit on my nitrous system, what I was thinking of doing once the the MSD was hooking up was probing the wires on it to see if any of them went "dead" when the MSD 2 Step was activated and them tap into that wire from my nitrous relay possibly.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:40 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Couldn't you set the activation of the kit through the NOS mini to 4000 rpm and then the 2-step to 3600-3800. so it wouldn't be at the right rpm but as soon as the 2-step is deactivated it sprays?
Old 02-04-2010, 07:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by caMnaro
Couldn't you set the activation of the kit through the NOS mini to 4000 rpm and then the 2-step to 3600-3800. so it wouldn't be at the right rpm but as soon as the 2-step is deactivated it sprays?
I could but with my setup I launch around 6k+, so you see my problem..lol
Old 02-06-2010, 06:07 PM
Banned

Just wanted to update this to help anyone else looking for info, what I plan on doing here is taking my 12V switched white wire for the NOS Mini progressive unit and plan on using the top two wire clutch switch (cruise control clutch anticipation switch) above the pedal, it seems this is a simple open/close switch and is open when the pedal is done, now the MSD 2 step is wired into the lower clutch pedal switch, hance why I'm using the top switch to deactivate the nitrous, so what I'll be doing is cutting my white 12v switched power wire for the mini (which goes to my arming switch button) and attaching one end to one side of the top clutch switch using an OEM pigtail from a parts store (that way I don't butcher up my stock pigtail incase I ever decide to put it back) and other part of the white 12v switched wire coming from my arming switch to the other side of the top clutch switch. So basically when i press the pedal down my 2 step will activate which at the same time killing the power from the top switch hance killing my arming button for the nitrous and when I launch the car the pedal comes up then depressing the top switch and completing the 12v circuit as well as my arming switch and we're having some major fun!!!!!! Now if I were to want to use the cruise control one day, which I won't, all you would have to do is jump the stock OE plug to connect the circuit and make the system think the clutch pedal is always up.

Last edited by DiabloFormula; 02-12-2010 at 07:51 PM.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:27 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Chris@NitroDaves
I dont have a diagram for that exact senario but here is how you would wire in a transbreak which is almost the same thing....because the transbreak cuts the kit off till you launch

Very nice I was needing that.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:05 PM
TECH Regular

Sorry where is this clutch switch located? and does anyone have a picture of where they mounted their 2-step? Thanks
Old 02-17-2010, 03:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 4U2NV-SS
Sorry where is this clutch switch located? and does anyone have a picture of where they mounted their 2-step? Thanks
I get some pics up tonight, if you follow the clutch pedal as you push it down towards the floor look at where it stops, there will be a black push switch on a bracket, the same thing will be on the top where the clutch pedal rests when its up.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:29 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks... If you can get some pictures of your set up that would be great....subcribing
Old 02-17-2010, 08:28 PM
Banned

Heres a pic, I used velcro to attach it tothe car that way it's easy to take off and adjust.
Attached Thumbnails MSD 8733 2Step w/Nitrous-msd-2step-001.jpg  
Old 02-19-2010, 04:36 AM
10 Second Club

I have an FJO controller, can you just use the first gear lockout wire? or am i way off track?
Old 02-19-2010, 05:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Wicked94Z
I have an FJO controller, can you just use the first gear lockout wire? or am i way off track?
Sure you can if your don't want to spray in first gear, but spraying in first is soooooo much more fun. This is more geared towards how your nitrous is activated and not to have it spray while you are in the activation window suing this 2 step, as for my example having my NOS Mini having to see 3000+ rpm's and WOT at the same time in order to spray, which wouldn't work very well for me considering I want my 2 step to activate higher then 3K.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:17 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by DiabloFormula
Heres a pic, I used velcro to attach it tothe car that way it's easy to take off and adjust.
Sorry I new to this unit, where does it plug into? between the coil harness?
Old 02-19-2010, 04:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 4U2NV-SS
Sorry I new to this unit, where does it plug into? between the coil harness?
It's a pretty straight forward unit, you plug this inline with your coil plugs and then just one wire that goes inside to the clutch switch or a push button
Old 02-21-2010, 07:27 PM
10 Second Club

yea i know, i'm a 6 speed with an msd two step as well.... just wondering if there's a different wiring option for the FJO box... kinda a hijack i guess
Old 04-09-2010, 03:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DiabloFormula
Just wanted to update this to help anyone else looking for info, what I plan on doing here is taking my 12V switched white wire for the NOS Mini progressive unit and plan on using the top two wire clutch switch (cruise control clutch anticipation switch) above the pedal, it seems this is a simple open/close switch and is open when the pedal is done, now the MSD 2 step is wired into the lower clutch pedal switch, hance why I'm using the top switch to deactivate the nitrous, so what I'll be doing is cutting my white 12v switched power wire for the mini (which goes to my arming switch button) and attaching one end to one side of the top clutch switch using an OEM pigtail from a parts store (that way I don't butcher up my stock pigtail incase I ever decide to put it back) and other part of the white 12v switched wire coming from my arming switch to the other side of the top clutch switch. So basically when i press the pedal down my 2 step will activate which at the same time killing the power from the top switch hance killing my arming button for the nitrous and when I launch the car the pedal comes up then depressing the top switch and completing the 12v circuit as well as my arming switch and we're having some major fun!!!!!! Now if I were to want to use the cruise control one day, which I won't, all you would have to do is jump the stock OE plug to connect the circuit and make the system think the clutch pedal is always up.
I too have the NOS mini with the MSD 2-step. Right now, i just activate the 2 step via a button and give the pedal about 50% throttle and it will 2step no problem and once i launch and give it WOT, it will spray pretty much right off the line. HOwever, i would like to avoid all this just incase i do accidentally go over 50% throttle and accidentally spray while 2stepping. I would do it your way but i like to slip the clutch sometimes to get out the hole so the clutch switch to deactivate the NOS mini would not work. Anybody have ideas? Thanks
Old 04-09-2010, 06:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by bigsticksupra
I too have the NOS mini with the MSD 2-step. Right now, i just activate the 2 step via a button and give the pedal about 50% throttle and it will 2step no problem and once i launch and give it WOT, it will spray pretty much right off the line. HOwever, i would like to avoid all this just incase i do accidentally go over 50% throttle and accidentally spray while 2stepping. I would do it your way but i like to slip the clutch sometimes to get out the hole so the clutch switch to deactivate the NOS mini would not work. Anybody have ideas? Thanks
Easy fix here man, just hook the activation wire for the MSD 2 step to whichever wire will give you ground or 12V on the top clutch switch (not sure which one) then you can slip the cltuch and it won't deactivate the 2 step or activate the nitrous until you are fully off the clutch pedal. There is also an adjuster on that top switch so you can adjust it out as you need it to get it exaclty where it is just touching.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:16 PM
Staging Lane

im confused with the wiring as i also have nitrous and am wanting to add a 2-step launch unit to my set-up. i wanna make sure i dont spray while at WOT on the 2step. i don't really understand wiring what to what.. can someone make a diagram like the one nitrous outlet posted?
Old 04-09-2010, 05:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 167 Likes on 89 Posts

The N/O diagram is pretty good and should work with any nitrous system and using a 2-step instead of the Trans Brake.

I'm using the LNC-002 from Lingenfelter, and they have a very detailed wiring diagram for install with or without nitrous. I'm sure it is pretty much the same with the MSD 2-step as well, since MSD builds both units.

DiabloFormula, nice way to wire it up.

Quick Reply: MSD 8733 2Step w/Nitrous