Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous Dave elbow and a Super Victor questions?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 07:59 AM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Nitrous Dave elbow and a Super Victor questions?

Hey guys has anyone tried a Nitrous Dave Elbow and a Super Victor? Just wondering if you had any air distribution problems? This will be going on a supercharged car making around 20-23psi. Currently have a LS6 and 75mm TB making around 1000 rwhp. Want to give up some low end and pick up some mid range and up top.

Thanks!
Old 02-24-2010, 10:18 AM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

this was posted by a customer of ours on another board...not exactly the same as your but does show a substantial gain

Well, i finally have some comparison results between manifolds since it's so hard to find out there and know some will be interested in looking. I was very impressed after hearing most say you wouldn't see much of a difference. I always believe the minimal results to be true on a lot of N/A setups that didn't run in the big power range, but figured it would be a different story under boost. This was a straight out swap alone with no other changes to my setup pre and post swap. Just the manifold change only! The manifold is a ported Victor EFI on my Vortech YSi 383 9.0:1cr LT1 at around 14psi. Ported LT1 heads with 2.00/1.56 valves, 218/224 115lsa Comp cam, 58mm TB, 1 3/4" Kooks LT's with open cut outs at the time of the pulls. Used TunerCat for tuning and ran A/F's at around 11.5:1 for both runs, although my LT1 manifold tune was a little lean in the lower rpms. Weather temp was about 12deg cooler after but humidity and pressure was basically the same. The old manifold was a ported LT1 setup. Look at the results at 5500rpm. Started getting belt slip at about 5600rpm that i actually saw in my map readings. You can see it in the dyno chart also. I'm happy with the results....

I don't know about anybody else, but i'd say on a setup like mine, the swap is definitly worth it... If it wasn't for the belt slip, i think i would have made well north of 750hp and 700tq.

Ken R.

Quick Reply: Nitrous Dave elbow and a Super Victor questions?