Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel leak on nitrous plate kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 08:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel leak on nitrous plate kit

The first time I used my nitrous wet plate kit was on a dyno today and we had to cut it short because it was dripping fuel before the plate. We tried it again after tightening in down more but it still drips. I shouldn't need teflon tape since the nitrous has many times the pressure and it is fine. It's a new kit but the threads don't seem to seal for whatever reason. Anyone seen this with a Nitrous Outlet kit?

Last edited by ZOH SIX; 02-27-2010 at 08:47 PM.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:03 PM
TECH Resident

u need to use teflon paste. thats why its leaking
Old 02-27-2010, 09:29 PM
Banned

You don't use teflon tape on a flared connection, are you using the correct jets for the kit (NX jets) or the jets that came with the kit, look for any cracks or nitches in the metal flare line that connects to the plate.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:32 PM
11 Second Club

LS1Tech 10 Year

From my understanding your not supposed to seal up the feed lines. Thats just what ive been told. I will have to watch for this the first time I spray mine. I have a nitrous outlet plate kit also but not with the hard lines.
Old 02-28-2010, 02:21 AM
Teching In

I'm using the same jets that came with the kit and no sign of cracks or other issues.

I took the hard lines off and used teflon where it meets the solenoid and the plate but nothing on the fitting where the jets are. I left the bottle closed and went WOT to initiate the fuel to the plate and didn't see or smell any signs of a leak. I did a few with the nitrous after and it seems to seal now. The fittings are as tight as last time so not sure what is different.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:17 AM
9 Second Club

I would contact nitrous outlet on mon. They can for sure help solve your problem or contact chris on here to. Where is the point its leaking from the fitting by the plate or the nut that holds your fuel jet.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:59 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just checking in to see what the results were after we talked. When you get done I would love some installed pictures from you..
Old 03-03-2010, 09:03 AM
Teching In

I took it out last night and used the nitrous a couple times and still can't get it to repeat what it did on the dyno. Since the dyno I took the hard lines and male to male fittings out. I used a small amount of teflon paste on the male to male fitting on the first threads furthest from the plate and nothing on the AN fittings. I also bent the hard lines very slightly so it mated with the male to male fitting better. On the fuel side I remember you had to pull the hard line towards the plate slightly before you could tighten it down. I'm going back to the dyno this weekend to run it again and have somebody watch but I don't expect to have another leak.

I have no complaints about nitrous outlet and I'm sure this was an installer error. The customer service at Nitrous Outlet is second to none. Also, I ordered fittings and jets Monday morning and they were at my door 30 hours later.

Here are some pics of the install.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:16 AM
FormerVendor

Good news.. Man I have to say that sure is super clean.. If I can talk you out of it I would love to get the info on your set up with pictures to add you in the customer section for others to see your nice install.

Here is a link to where to send it.
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/customer-cars/help.asp

Thank you for the support!
Dave
Old 03-05-2010, 05:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Good news.. Man I have to say that sure is super clean.. If I can talk you out of it I would love to get the info on your set up with pictures to add you in the customer section for others to see your nice install.

Here is a link to where to send it.
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/customer-cars/help.asp

Thank you for the support!
Dave
Sure, just emailed some pics.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:50 PM
FormerVendor

Sweet,
Thank you..

Quick Reply: Fuel leak on nitrous plate kit