Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Silicone Hose Help.

Old 03-15-2010, 06:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silicone Hose Help.

Hey all,

What size silicone hose would I use for a 92mm Nick Williams TB into the stock MAF sensor. I know its 2 different sizes just wondering if anyone is running this setup on their Harris 92mm Nitrous Plate system and can help me out. Or will my SLP smooth bellow compress enough to accomodate the 1inch plate. Thanks all as usual
Old 03-15-2010, 07:33 PM
11 Second Club

you will need to trim the ends of the SLP bellow. not sure if you could trim enough. the TB needs a 4" end, stock MAF needs about 3.5" end. I have running a HSW 90 plate and using a silicone hose i purchased from a non-sponsor (pm sent). still had to trim a little. i used a 4" coupler, but i am running a 85mm MAF. they have any size you need tho. There is also a Spectre brand 4" coupler, than can be purchased thru your local part store, that comes with a small insert that reduces one end to 3.5" diameter, fyi
Old 03-16-2010, 11:41 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ssweet98
Hey all,

What size silicone hose would I use for a 92mm Nick Williams TB into the stock MAF sensor. I know its 2 different sizes just wondering if anyone is running this setup on their Harris 92mm Nitrous Plate system and can help me out. Or will my SLP smooth bellow compress enough to accomodate the 1inch plate. Thanks all as usual
I actually like using the SLP bellow. Its nice since it has the offset inlet/outlet.

Here's a quick trick for trimming the bellows...get a sharp box cutter (please don't make me say to watch your fingers). Place the worm clamps onto the bellow and slide them down until they hit the "ball" section of the bellow. This will give you a nice straight edge to follow around and trim it to the correct length. And your bellow won't come out looking like it was raped by a shredder.

Nick
Old 03-17-2010, 08:25 PM
Teching In

Default Thanks

Hey thanks all for the tips.....Ill try the SLP Bellow trick and see how it goes
Old 03-18-2010, 10:11 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ssweet98
Hey thanks all for the tips.....Ill try the SLP Bellow trick and see how it goes
Absolutely! I really think this is the best route.

Nick

Search this Thread