Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about zex nitrous kit??

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 05:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about zex nitrous kit??

hey guys first of all i do not know anything about nitrous!!!! so plz help me??

I have a 2004 c5 corvette a4 with 74,000 miles my mods soon to be installed are-prc stage 1.0 ls6's, ported fast 92 intake, ls2 tb, and tsp lt headers/ x-pipe...yes im keeping the stock cam in it for now just to see what it will do.

ok now for the nitrous question...what do u guys think of the zex lsx manifold direct port kit??? i know its expensive but i want it for show!! ill probably run a 75-100 shot at the track.. but how safe is a 75-100 shot on my car also how safe is the zex direct port kit??

any input is greatly appreciated!! i hope yall understand my questions??!!!
Old 04-20-2010, 12:13 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll just cut to the chase and tell you that a 75-100 shot is going to be viewed by most people in this forum as not even worth messing with. In other words, if the average guy in this forum went through the trouble of buying & installing a direct port kit, he's probably more likely to spray 75hp INTO EACH CYLINDER, not 75hp TOTAL. You do realize that a direct port kit has a nitrous nozzle for each cylinder, right? So to jet for only 75-100hp, each of the 8 jets is going to have to be TINY. But hey, it's your car, so you can do what you want. But you did ask for input, so that's my $0.02
Old 04-20-2010, 01:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the beginning of your post KFZ i was liek WTF is he talking about but now i know haha. If you want it for show just buy nozzle and line and dont botehr with anything else. Spraying a 75 shot on a direct port is just plain funny IMO and if i were you id just buy a co2 kit for purging. and also purge fromt he front wheel wells like the original fast and furious movie.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Honestly I don't think you could find jets small enough to give you a 100 shot on that type system. What about maybe getting a wet plate kit from nitro dave's, putting some hard lines on it and go with that.
It would look pretty cool, cost a lot less and you could actually use it.

Quick Reply: Question about zex nitrous kit??