Sponsored by:

what does a NANO system actually do

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 08:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 208 Likes on 147 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by camscam02
All big nitrous racers, change bottles every pass anyways and usually have a good amount with them so that is not needed for them either. They also usually have a water box for heat and that works very easily to keep pressure constant while waiting to go in the car.

They are more oriented to the ordinary weekend racer or street guy where there is less to worry about and usually only have one bottle with them. But I know of racers usually them and liking them. Although pusher systems are mostly outlawed in most heads up classes.

Thanks for the tech info Kieth.

We recently received a NANO kit and will be testing its ins and outs on my car. It will be a great tech article on your ordinary nitrous small shot lsx car. Look for it in the upcoming months.
Thats a very good point! I agree that a Nano setup is more oriented towards the street car/ weekend racer... Most hardcore nitrous guys take multiple bottles to the track, so a Nano setup is not needed, although it would still allow them to get more runs per bottle... Not to mention the nano will still make more power on the back half... Water tanking your bottle is only going to keep the pressure consistent up to the 1/8th mi, after that the bottle will cool down especially on bigger shots causing a pressure drop.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
I dont agree with that logic, but if it works for ya, why change...
I'm sorry you don't agree with the logic... But I'd like to see how many pro mods would make it to the quarter with a push system and no changes to the tune up... That's the way yo win races, run on the edge and know that you have a system (pressure drop) to keep it alive on the top end of the track
Old 05-04-2010, 11:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 208 Likes on 147 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by ryarbrough
I'm sorry you don't agree with the logic... But I'd like to see how many pro mods would make it to the quarter with a push system and no changes to the tune up... That's the way yo win races, run on the edge and know that you have a system (pressure drop) to keep it alive on the top end of the track
so why not change the tune up for the push sytem? Wont it pull harder on the big end? Not trying to argue, just understand this logic. Im not trying to say mine is right either... it's just in theory you would think one would want consistent bottle pressure accross the board. Obviously pro mod teams have a clue to what thier doing, would like to hear a better explaination on it.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:12 AM
9 Second Club

to hear that explanation you will have to go talk to the tuners of these cars. They all have their reasons and I can only suspect what some are but I dont know any truth.

I do know one thing, that push systems are ILLEGAL in most classes so there would be one reason. Plus... they have better things to worry about then a 50psi bottle drop between 2 15lbs bottles.

here is more info. good and bad. if you want to read.
http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...highlight=nano

I personally cant wait to try the system for myself and for others to get a clear view of what is actually going on. It will be nice to see unbiased results.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:54 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by camscam02
All big nitrous racers, change bottles every pass anyways and usually have a good amount with them so that is not needed for them either. They also usually have a water box for heat and that works very easily to keep pressure constant while waiting to go in the car.

They are more oriented to the ordinary weekend racer or street guy where there is less to worry about and usually only have one bottle with them. But I know of racers usually them and liking them. Although pusher systems are mostly outlawed in most heads up classes.

Thanks for the tech info Kieth.

We recently received a NANO kit and will be testing its ins and outs on my car. It will be a great tech article on your ordinary nitrous small shot lsx car. Look for it in the upcoming months.
For a street car it may be the way to go. We do exactly like you said. On each pass we have a full bottle (exact weight each time) at the exact same pressure each time. Consistency is the key in drag racing and we eliminate variables by doing the above mentioned. Good luck on the nano and keep us posted on the results. Hope I didn't come across to abrasive against using it.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:55 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by KeithBerryZ06
For a street car it may be the way to go. We do exactly like you said. On each pass we have a full bottle (exact weight each time) at the exact same pressure each time. Consistency is the key in drag racing and we eliminate variables by doing the above mentioned. Good luck on the nano and keep us posted on the results. Hope I didn't come across to abrasive against using it.
Nope you were perfectly fine. Sometimes being harsh is the only way to get a point across on here sometimes. Please offer your knowledge more. More knowledge from experienced nitrous racers the better. Good luck with the car this year.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:32 PM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I use it for the simplicity of bottle pressures. No more. No less...

Quick Reply: what does a NANO system actually do