Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 03:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's

I thought I throw this out there if anyone can use it as a reference. This is my first install and as a noob to nitrous I feel that if you have a basic understanding you can set up a kit yourself especially with great web sites like this. I will be asking questions as I move along. This is what I did so far.

C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-001.jpg this is where the switch plate will go.
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-002.jpg This is where the MicroEdge will go.this is the way it looks now.
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-004.jpganother view .
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-005.jpg the "now" battery area.
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-006.jpgthe way it looks before the bottle goes in.
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-007.jpgThis is where the bottle will live.
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-008.jpgand this is the cut away I made to sink the bottle in real low.
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-009.jpgThe bottle holder I made from plywood.
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-010.jpg This is the fitment as you can see it sits low. I will post up more in the next post
Attached Thumbnails C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-003.jpg  

Last edited by camscam02; 05-13-2010 at 05:07 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 04:11 PM
On The Tree

Default C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's 2

Continuation of post #1
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-011.jpg This is another view of placement.
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-012.jpg Lid on top so its totally hidden.
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-013.jpg Its tight but workable.
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-014.jpgSide view of mount .I had to stagger the size down in order for it to fit flush with bottom. I used gorilla glue to hold it in.
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-015.jpg Bottom view.
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-016.jpg side view.
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-025.jpgNitrous line,pwr for heater, switch,& grnd. I lifted up carpet to run over & behind the seat area.
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-026.jpg closer view. I did run wire wrap protector over the wire portion before closing that part up.
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-027.jpg Here are those lines going over the hump behind pass side seat. The speaker is right above the lines and they tuck in nicely into that area without removing the cover . I only needed to remove the floor trim and seat belt cover trim for running the lines.
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-028.jpg. This is where the lines will be running along the pass. side .I will leave the black line to run behind the ash tray area for the heater switch the rest will go through the firewall gromet behind the battery. Its much easier to work with the seat out and the battery needs to be removed to get to the firewall gromet.

Old 05-13-2010, 04:47 PM
On The Tree

Default C% HSW Wet Plate install pic's #3

Got a few more pic's here.
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-029.jpgHere again are the lines along the pass side. They tuck into a channel almost as if it was made for nitrous.
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-030.jpgThis is the seat belt cover panel that needs to be removed. You can see where the clips are located so when they are removed you know where to pull from.
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-031.jpg Clip location along door sill plate cover.
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-032.jpg close up of those clips.
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-033.jpg This module behind the seat belt cover is good for a ground & it is where I grounded the bottle heater and press sensor wires.
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-039.jpgAnother view of that ground area.
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-043.jpgseat belt cover back in place.
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-055.jpgdoor plate back in place.
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-054.jpgKick panel back in. ( I don't see any nitrous lines
Attached Thumbnails C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-040.jpg  

Old 05-13-2010, 04:58 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There, they are all merged, put them all in this thread please.

Thanks
Old 05-13-2010, 05:02 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by camscam02
You have 3 different threads???

Post them all in one
My computer skills aren't to sharp I had trouble uploading the pics under the threads, only 10 pics at a time?
Thank you for combining them.
Old 05-13-2010, 05:08 PM
9 Second Club

There you go. I cleaned it up some more. Yea I think you can only attach 10 at a time, just click "post reply" in this thread and you should be able to add to this thread with more pics.
Old 05-13-2010, 05:25 PM
On The Tree

More pics of Bottle set up,switch plate and line routeing.
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-034.jpgI cranked up the angle on the mount plate from the original by adding 2 spacers between the plywood.
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-035.jpgpress. switch and filter along with pwr line & fuse.
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-036.jpg Relay mounted on plate.
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-037.jpg front view of relay.
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-038.jpg All wired in Bottle . I just need to shorten some of the lines before final hook up and get them better organized.
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-056.jpg
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-045.jpg I fabed up this switch plate for the ash tray area.
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-046.jpg Wired up back of switch plate.
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-047.jpg This is the engine side firewall gromet that will be used to route all lines into engine bay. I had to make a small slit with a scalpal in order to expediate the passasge way.
Attached Thumbnails C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-048.jpg  

Last edited by camscam02; 05-13-2010 at 05:31 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:11 PM
On The Tree

Here we go with the firewall line feed & plate kit install.
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-049.jpg You can see all the other wires from the dash that go through this gromet.
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-050.jpg This is the nitrous line, red pwr line for the bottle heater, Microedge harness& a few more lines just in case. I used a soft steel rod with a hook bent onto the end and tape the lines to it. I than pulled from the outside & pushed from inside under the dash to coax them through. It would be nice to have someone helping on one end.
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-052.jpg Ths battery tray area. Get a marker like this to label all the lines that you will be running as it will become a wire jungle very soon. Walmart has them.
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-053.jpg This is the ground post under the battery that I will use for all noids & anything else that will be under the hood. I cleaned it up and used 10g wire.
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-057.jpg The C5 needs to have the power steering fluid resv. moved foward with spacers. You can see that above the belt to the right.
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-022.jpg another view of the spacer and the plate installed. I put soft rubber red caps on the jet area's to keep it clean from debris.
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-019.jpg plate attached. No big deal after the air filter is removed ,just 3 bolts hold in the 78mm plate.

C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-058.jpgAnother view of the HSW plate.
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-018.jpg I had to do some trimming in order to get the Air filter & Pwr steering relocate in . The large ring on the left was trimmed 1 inch in order to get the Haltech assembly on & the hose for the power steering resevoir needed a 1/2 inch trim otherwise it was pinched off & I felt it would restrict the flow. The original hose was prebent. After it was trimmed the fitment looked fine.
Attached Thumbnails C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-020.jpg  
Old 05-13-2010, 06:30 PM
On The Tree

Noids going in
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-062.jpg attaching nitrous & purge noids with teflon paste.
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-066.jpg and this what it looks like.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Nitrous set up 066.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	382.5 KB
ID:	232034 Thsi is where the noids for nitrous will go.
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-067.jpg I had to bend the noid brackets a bit to fit them in.
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-068.jpgClose up.
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-070.jpg The LNC-002 will sit here.
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-071.jpg This is the LNC-002 plug ins to the coil pack. One for each side.
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-072.jpg Cover back on with noids and LNC in place.
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-073.jpg I had to mount the fuel noid on the outside as there was no room with the LNC coil pack & noid to live together less even getting the cover to fit.
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-074.jpg lines attached to plate with my 75 shot pills in place. I used a FPSS before the fuel noid that did fit under the cover.
Attached Thumbnails C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-065.jpg  
Old 05-13-2010, 06:41 PM
On The Tree

Last set of plate & purge set up pics. The wiring & switch plate will hopefully go in next week.
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-075.jpg Plate and lines hooked up. I ran black wire protector covers on the Nitrous & fuel lines going into the plate.
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-076.jpg You can see the aluminum purge line exiting from the front under the cover.
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-077.jpg Purge line heading south & foward.
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-078.jpg Purge line to front lower position. I also ran the black plastic wire protector cover over the aluminum purge line in order for it to blend in with its black environment.
C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-079.jpgThis is where the purge line exits its top center of license plate air grill. If you look hard its about 4 rows down from top of grill.
I hope these pics can help someone out.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:08 PM
Launching!

looks good man
Old 05-14-2010, 08:31 AM
FormerVendor

Very thorough install! Very impressed, I'm going to have to bookmark this for the future. Thanks.

Nick
Old 05-14-2010, 08:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

im sure this will help the noobs with their install if they are not too positive, when i instaled my first nitrous kit it was the hsw 90mm kit on my gto
and thought they made it str8 forward, then also installed the nitrousoutlet window switch, and i was very hesitant cuz im not like a pro at wiring
but it was str8 forward as long as you take your time double check, you will be good
but nice to see ya post this
Old 05-15-2010, 04:25 PM
On The Tree

Thumbs up

Thanks for the appreciative replies. I will try & do more photo's when I start the wire up for the Noids, LNC-002, MicroEdge, & switch panel, Well everything else that is.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:45 AM
On The Tree

Got to do the switch panel & microedge install. Now to wire up the relays and noids.
Attached Thumbnails C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-082.jpg   C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-080.jpg   C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-083.jpg   C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's-nitrous-set-up-084.jpg  
Old 05-27-2010, 04:40 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

Very detailed install you got going there. Keep up the good work.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:16 PM
On The Tree

Thanks!

Quick Reply: C5 HSW Wet Plate install pic's