Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just finished nitrous install, now car wont turn over...help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 12:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just finished nitrous install, now car wont turn over...help!!!

Just as the title states, I finished up my nitrous install last night and when I go to start the car nothing happens. I can turn the key on and I get power, the radio and windows work. I tested the battery and it has 12.70 volts. I looked at all the wires I hooked up under the hood and just cant find out what the problem is or dont even know what it could be. Can somebody please help or let me know what it might be??
Old 05-20-2010, 02:19 PM
Launching!

Make sure pcm is hooked back up if you unhooked it for any reason. Make sure clutch switch is ok if your a 6 speed. What did you tap into for your rpm switch?
Old 05-20-2010, 02:54 PM
On The Tree

How bout fuses check all them, engine senor, fuel pump, ect... might had just a little short and popped one... happened to me
Old 05-20-2010, 03:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think I [B][I]MAY[I][B] have found the problem. Got under the car and I noticed the positive cable going to the starter was up against my header and corroded and melted a little through half of the cable. Not sure if this is the problem or not but I took it off, cut off the bad part of the cable and am about to get a new connector and hook it all back up to see. I will post an update shortly.

p.s. Checked all fuses and relays and grounds. All seem ok. If this is not it I give up and will have it towed to a shop.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok well I fixed that cable and that deff didnt fix it. Any other ideas???
Old 05-20-2010, 11:19 PM
On The Tree

man i hate when things like this happen.... sorry to hear man, hope u get it figured out.. id just trace all ur wires back... if it ran before u started and it dont now "should be something u did"... once on my ta did the wire mod and it was a connector, and once on my camaro after nitrous install it was the eng senor fuse kept popping it...