Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cobalt Blue "Nitrous" gauges. Does anyone have these? Show me your fancy gauges.

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 08:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by timbalan77
I don't know what they're supposed to do from the factory, but I'll let you know what mine do once I get my car back from the shop. The install is running late (Maximizer install took them longer than they thought), so I probably won't have pics for another couple of days or so.
I just called autometer autometer and thet said that there supposed to go counter-clock wise first and then "zero" it self out. If its installed wrong or you dont thave the sender hooked up it will go clock wise which is what you dont want.
Old 01-23-2004, 06:22 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MEAN LT1
I just called autometer autometer and thet said that there supposed to go counter-clock wise first and then "zero" it self out. If its installed wrong or you dont thave the sender hooked up it will go clock wise which is what you dont want.
Cool, thanks. I just talked to the shop doing my install, and everything is done. So, now I'll know what to look for when I pick it up.

Also, I should be able to get pics out tomorrow evening.
Old 01-23-2004, 07:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by timbalan77
I should be able to get pics out tomorrow evening.
Cool

Old 01-25-2004, 02:07 AM
Staging Lane

Default Picked up car

Well, I went to go pick up my car and do the dyno tune today. But, I ran into a few snags (dyno broke, bottle opener problem, a few other things). So, I have to go back on Monday to get the last few things fixed, and do the dyno tune. Everything is pretty much hooked up, but I don't want to spray without having the tune first.
Anyway, I did bring the car home, and snapped a few pics of the gauges. The gauges are pretty bright, and because they are LEDs, they don't really dim that well. Kinda bummed (just because I keep my factory gauges on the absolute lowest dim setting), but I'll get used to it.I don't have anywhere to host pics right now, so if anyone wants pics of the gauges, send me your email address and I'll forward them. I'll have more pics of the whole install later.
Old 01-25-2004, 09:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Please send pics to:
aka9399@hotmail.com

What guages did you go for? How much did you get them for if you dont mind me asking?

I heard those cobalt blue guages are expensive. I think the nitrous guage alone was for $200
Old 01-25-2004, 10:07 AM
Staging Lane

just create a cardomain page and put your pics there.

And yes, the gauges are very expensive. I have about 500 wrapped up in the 3 I have now. After I get the rest of the ones I want, Ill probably have like 1100 just in gauges.
Old 01-25-2004, 01:51 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the tip:

http://www.cardomain.com/id/timbalan77

One pic is with the factory gauges at full brightness, the other is with them at minimum brightness, just to compare. Third is just a closeup.

The gauges were $188 for the nitrous pressure, and *$144 for the a/f (which is way over priced, think that was an error). But, there were other stuff that was way (and I mean WAY) underpriced, so I'm not complaining.

Last edited by timbalan77; 01-25-2004 at 02:36 PM.
Old 01-26-2004, 07:56 AM
Staging Lane

Yeah, the A/F shoulda been more like 75 bucks
Old 01-26-2004, 12:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

hey tim thanks for posting the pics. I do appreciate it.

few updates: I just put a spec 3 clutch in my ride and spec told me not to spray it until i put down 500-800 miles.. I guess ill have to reschedule my nitrous install a month from now at least.. damn it... oh well guess ill have to wait..

Alucard, yeah the price I got for the A/F guage was for $75, nitrous guage was for $199.99, fuel pressure guage was for $199.99 as well. Man those guages are expensive. 3 guages would cost around $475+ .. The NX nitrous kit alone is for $500 lol.