Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous Outlet, come here!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 05:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I like what camscam02 is getting at. I did a search yesterday before i made this thread about the 175 shot size. I found on numerous sites that a 67-70N 38-39F would be around a 175 shot. Now your telling me a 175 shot is a .73N when a 150 shot is a .62N? That seems like quite the jump in size to gain a measly 25hp? Maybe what camscam02 was talking about with this plate needing more jet to flow the same amount of nitrous as other companies do on smaller jets is right, but i'm not agreeing with that. It just has me wondering.

The kit i have on the car is a Nitrous Express universal wet kit. When i first dyno'd the car on a 150 shot it laid down 495rwhp/549rwtq with a .62N .33F like their chart says.

Now just a couple months ago i slapped on the Nitrous Outlet 78mm plate and used that chart which says .62N .38F for a 150 shot. I was disappointed with the numbers (on the hp side) to be honest. Laid down 455rwhp/587rwtq but i'm sure the hp numbers were down due to not enough nitrous for all that fuel being added from that .38 jet on the fuel side, it was PIG RICH! Put the .33 back in and it runs like a champ.

All i want to do is add a little bit more, like a 175 shot. To me a .67N .36-.38F jet seems about right. But if what camscam02 is getting at is right then maybe a .73N is needed to flow enough through the plate to get 175rwhp.
Old 06-18-2010, 07:14 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 01SOMZ28
I like what camscam02 is getting at. I did a search yesterday before i made this thread about the 175 shot size. I found on numerous sites that a 67-70N 38-39F would be around a 175 shot. Now your telling me a 175 shot is a .73N when a 150 shot is a .62N? That seems like quite the jump in size to gain a measly 25hp? Maybe what camscam02 was talking about with this plate needing more jet to flow the same amount of nitrous as other companies do on smaller jets is right, but i'm not agreeing with that. It just has me wondering.

The kit i have on the car is a Nitrous Express universal wet kit. When i first dyno'd the car on a 150 shot it laid down 495rwhp/549rwtq with a .62N .33F like their chart says.

Now just a couple months ago i slapped on the Nitrous Outlet 78mm plate and used that chart which says .62N .38F for a 150 shot. I was disappointed with the numbers (on the hp side) to be honest. Laid down 455rwhp/587rwtq but i'm sure the hp numbers were down due to not enough nitrous for all that fuel being added from that .38 jet on the fuel side, it was PIG RICH! Put the .33 back in and it runs like a champ.

All i want to do is add a little bit more, like a 175 shot. To me a .67N .36-.38F jet seems about right. But if what camscam02 is getting at is right then maybe a .73N is needed to flow enough through the plate to get 175rwhp.
Like it states on our jet chart the suggested jetting is a starting point. On most cars the suggested jetting is rich. We set it up like that to protect the people who just bolt it on and cross there fingers. Deciding to present the suggested starting point for the tune up on the rich side has had its bennifits as well as its disadvantages. Some people have a hard time comprehending STARTING POINT FOR TUNE UP. and in some applications it has saved customers from blowing up there motor due to not checking the tune up.

When the airfuel is dialed in correctly the system will make the power.

Here are plenty of our customers that prove the point.
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/videos/index.asp

Since you had a NX system look at there single nozzle jetting for 175 and 200 hp.. Its the same suggested nitrous jet as what we suggest for our plate. A properly designed nozzle with one flow passage is about as less of a restriction as you are going to get other than flowing just a jet only. There nozzle is a great flowing nozzle and by far has been on the market for many years.

We flow test our products and we also dyno test them. Our product is rated at the rear wheel. We are taking into concideration drivetrain loss as well. By seting up the jetting this way there are alot of variables that come into play. That is why results may in many cases vary from 10 hp or so either which way.

We have seen different cars have completely different results with the same system and same jetting. I have seen cars make spec on the power. Some cars make alittle under and some make way over.. All depended on the car.

Another thing to concider... There are alot of varibles that come into play when determaining flowing horsepower.
Jets can be machined differently. One jet marked .062 may be completely different when spec to another brand jet marked .062.

Different size solenoids, different hoses, different bottle valves etc can alter flow rates.. There are alot of varibles.

Nothing is writen into stone.. Its all just a suggested starting point to tune your system in at. Adjust the fuel jet to the airfuel target and adjust the nitrous jet to the horse power level you are looking to achieve.

Dave
Old 06-19-2010, 01:34 AM
11 Second Club

Well i guess there is only one thing to do and that is go to the dyno. I need a tune anyway, so while i'm there i'll mess with the nitrous jetting and see what this .67 puts down first.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:44 PM
11 Second Club

Another question. I've been thinking about going with the .125 nitrous solenoid from nitrous outlet. The solenoids i have now are the ones that come with this kit from NX 20920-10, but they're not the carbon fiber ones, is that nitrous solenoid smaller than .125? I plan on spraying more in the future than a 150 or 175. Would the .125 benefit me any right now with my setup and in the future? more flow? better numbers?

Would the .125 from NO be a direct replacement for what i have now? (4AN line to the solenoid, 3AN line to the plate, and purge port on the side of the solenoid)
Old 06-20-2010, 01:31 PM
11 Second Club

nitrous outlet? anyone? You guys didn't give up on me did you? haha
Old 06-21-2010, 07:27 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 01SOMZ28
Another question. I've been thinking about going with the .125 nitrous solenoid from nitrous outlet. The solenoids i have now are the ones that come with this kit from NX 20920-10, but they're not the carbon fiber ones, is that nitrous solenoid smaller than .125? I plan on spraying more in the future than a 150 or 175. Would the .125 benefit me any right now with my setup and in the future? more flow? better numbers?

Would the .125 from NO be a direct replacement for what i have now? (4AN line to the solenoid, 3AN line to the plate, and purge port on the side of the solenoid)
The solenoid that NX shiped with the 20920 kit is a .093. Its capable flowin about 300 hp. I personally prefer there old style solenoids over there new carbon fiber/ aluminum solenoids. Our .125 solenoid uses the same fitting arrangement as there .093 old style solenoid.
Dave

Quick Reply: Nitrous Outlet, come here!