Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nx proton plus or other cheap kit?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 11:14 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nx proton plus or other cheap kit?

Hey guys im looking to add some nitrous to my car. Ive never used nitrous or even ridden in a car with nitrous so I have a few questions- Are any of the "universal efi" kits ok to use for a beginner? I was looking into a nx proton plus kit from summit because its 399.95 and I already have a 50$ summit gift card sitting in my wallet so I can get the kit crazy cheap and it says it works on any fuel injected car with a single throttle body. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/NEX-20421-10/ I only have 450$ to spend on the entire kit and this one already has a WOT switch and then I was gonna buy a summit window switch- http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-830452/ and right now you get a free bottle jacket from nx when you buy one of there kits from summit. So I can get the entire kit, plus a free bottle jacket, and a summit window switch for 388.85 shipped to my door. Is there anything im missing? Like I said im a big newbie on nitrous so sorry if theres stupid questions on here

Last edited by eatinJDM; 06-22-2010 at 11:23 AM.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:39 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Our proton setup is AMAZING for the money sir. Install looks great, its easy to hook up, and will handle the needs of a lot of nitrous users.

With that gift card you are good to go. That's a deal.

If your looking for any tech or install questions im always here. We were all newbies at one point and would still be if we didnt ask questions. Ask away!
Old 06-22-2010, 01:15 PM
Teching In

thanks for the quick reply. im gonna order the kit friday ill put up pics of the whole install. with the whole kit plus the window switch from summit is there any other parts ill nedd? or any other parts that are strongly recommended? i keep hearing about a fuel pressure safety switch alot, is this sumthing that is absolutely needed or just a good add on? and will i be able to use this at the track without a blowdown tube?
Old 06-22-2010, 02:37 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eatinJDM
thanks for the quick reply. im gonna order the kit friday ill put up pics of the whole install. with the whole kit plus the window switch from summit is there any other parts ill nedd? or any other parts that are strongly recommended? i keep hearing about a fuel pressure safety switch alot, is this sumthing that is absolutely needed or just a good add on? and will i be able to use this at the track without a blowdown tube?
Sweet! Bottle heater and fps Are both a good buy but not a must.

You can usually get by without one. If they do no big deal just give me a call and I will get one out to you.

For sure on pics looking forward to them.

If you get hung up on anything or want some idea on where to put stuff just Pm or call. Thanks for the support. Graham @ NX
Old 06-22-2010, 05:43 PM
11 Second Club

Depends on the Track as for as getting by without a blowdown tube. Sorry Graham, dont mean to dispute my hero, but I'd say a bottle heater is Must, maybe not right now since it's summer, but I'd look into getting one soon. Sucks to be trying to spray a bottle in the colder seasons with a bottle at 500-600 psi LOL. you also NEED a nitrous gauge. Dont want that thing gettin to warm and not knowing it.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by YURVIEW
Depends on the Track as for as getting by without a blowdown tube. Sorry Graham, dont mean to dispute my hero, but I'd say a bottle heater is Must, maybe not right now since it's summer, but I'd look into getting one soon. Sucks to be trying to spray a bottle in the colder seasons with a bottle at 500-600 psi LOL. you also NEED a nitrous gauge. Dont want that thing gettin to warm and not knowing it.

and a blowdown tube is just a good thing to have....you don't want that thing blowing the burst disk and venting into the car. nitrous pressure is definitely essential as well.

as for cheap kits i have a Brand X kit from nitro dave's and it works great
Old 06-22-2010, 09:31 PM
11 Second Club

Default you gettin wet or dry ????

just wondering

Quick Reply: nx proton plus or other cheap kit?