Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TNT F2 vs plate systems

Old 07-05-2010, 11:57 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TNT F2 vs plate systems

i have a tnt system and i was wondering would i get more out of a plate sytem then a the tnt system
Old 07-05-2010, 02:19 PM
On The Tree

Probably not. The TNT F2 system is a dual nozzle design with excellent distribution. If you want more power just increase the jet sizes. The F2 is good to 300 hp.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:59 PM
Teching In

k thanks
Old 07-06-2010, 09:28 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The F2 was actually a pretty decent kit. I wouldnt switch that to a plate. About the only thing I would consider would be one of our MAF setups. They look really trick and have two stages.

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/produc...ils.php?id=556

If your just going to stick with the same size shot you are running know it probably isnt worth it, But if your looking to add a stage or be able to spray two different size shots with the flip of switch might be something to consider.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:52 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The TNT system was actually a pretty nice system other than some minor fitment issues. Due to the fact it has dual nozzles placed before the throttle body it does break the discharge up attomizing it into the air steam better than a single nozzle.

To answer the question to weather or not there would be a bennifit of swaping to a plate is really dependant on how much you are spraying and what plate you are looking to swap to.

If you are only looking to spray 150 maybe 200 the TNT system will work just fine. If you are not looking to go with a directport and you want to spray some serious dope down the throat like (250-300 etc.) Our plate is the only way I would do it.

Dave
Old 07-06-2010, 06:32 PM
11 Second Club

I have the Nitro Daves plate and just love the death out of it. Just went with the intake mounted hard line kit and noids this winter, very nice. The only thing I dont like is that I had to go with a k&n fipk air intake. I tried several and I mean several lid combos and none fit well with the plate- if you run a maf yet as I do. The fipk works well though the idle iat temps get up there but once you are moving they are fine, I just tuned around it. But it must flow more air than a lid because it leaned up my wot air fuel from 12.8 to 13.5.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:24 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rpmauto
I have the Nitro Daves plate and just love the death out of it. Just went with the intake mounted hard line kit and noids this winter, very nice. The only thing I dont like is that I had to go with a k&n fipk air intake. I tried several and I mean several lid combos and none fit well with the plate- if you run a maf yet as I do. The fipk works well though the idle iat temps get up there but once you are moving they are fine, I just tuned around it. But it must flow more air than a lid because it leaned up my wot air fuel from 12.8 to 13.5.
Ever try changing the bellow? Did you run another setup before the plate?
Old 07-07-2010, 11:00 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rpmauto
Hmm.. I never seen that problem. It may be the bellow you were using. I had the best luck with the SLP smooth bellows when using the mass air meter. With a speed dencity tune I know you get rid of the bellow so you had to either use a metal tube with two silicone connectors or one long one. There is a web site I have ordered the silicone couplers from that is nice for what you are doing. Ill have to see if I can find there name again and Ill post it up.
Dave

Search this Thread