Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

weird HSW n20 gauge

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 09:31 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weird HSW n20 gauge

we had a leaking brand new solenoid from these people I sent back but didnt want to drain a full bottle at the time. sucks everytime i get it filled they are like dude look at your gauge its all effed up. anyone else have bad experience with this brand?

Here is how they ˝handled˝ it.

Wed, Jun 16 2010 6:08pm
I purchased your kit about six months ago and the gauge that came with it had a defect. In all the excitement I didn't want to wait. Now I finally have my bottle empty. The gauge's face is bent and is interfering with the needle. Is there a way I can open the gauge and fix this or what can we do about this?

Thu, Jun 17 2010 8:21am - HSW Tech Support
I'm afraid it is not a serviceable part. Warranty info can be found here:

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/help...ion=conditions

Thu, Jun 17 2010 10:50am
this is not something that can just happen. its the guy that put it together. the metal face of the gauge is BENT. if you don't want to service this part thats fine. i just thought it was a year and i see now it was only the solenoids. im moving for a job and car has to stay so now is the time i can have downtime for the car. i feel it should be embarrassing for you that i would have to go through the warranty process on such a obvious defect; its no wonder my solenoid failed the second time i used it.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had many issues with HSW solenoids and bottle gauges. It looks like they are willing to warranty out the gauge assembly though as a whole, they are just unable to service the part. I think you misunderstood what they are saying. I would give them a call becasue it looks like they are willing to help.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:12 PM
12 Second Club

hmm ill check it out but i think the warrenty is only a month or something on their parts other than solenoid
Old 07-12-2010, 08:17 AM
FormerVendor

I'm not quite sure what the purpose of your post is? The gauges aren't made by us so we cannot service them. If its defective or needs to be replaced send me a PM.

Nick
Old 07-12-2010, 08:52 AM
TECH Junkie

or just buy a new one, damn its like $30. Worse things in the world goin on to get your panties in a bunch over then something small like defective gauge
Old 07-12-2010, 09:22 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

panites in a bunch I just about lost my gatorade all over the computer
Old 07-17-2010, 11:03 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by disc0monkey
we had a leaking brand new solenoid from these people I sent back but didnt want to drain a full bottle at the time. sucks everytime i get it filled they are like dude look at your gauge its all effed up. anyone else have bad experience with this brand?

Here is how they ˝handled˝ it.

Wed, Jun 16 2010 6:08pm
I purchased your kit about six months ago and the gauge that came with it had a defect. In all the excitement I didn't want to wait. Now I finally have my bottle empty. The gauge's face is bent and is interfering with the needle. Is there a way I can open the gauge and fix this or what can we do about this?

Thu, Jun 17 2010 8:21am - HSW Tech Support
I'm afraid it is not a serviceable part. Warranty info can be found here:

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/help...ion=conditions

Thu, Jun 17 2010 10:50am
this is not something that can just happen. its the guy that put it together. the metal face of the gauge is BENT. if you don't want to service this part thats fine. i just thought it was a year and i see now it was only the solenoids. im moving for a job and car has to stay so now is the time i can have downtime for the car. i feel it should be embarrassing for you that i would have to go through the warranty process on such a obvious defect; its no wonder my solenoid failed the second time i used it.
Imagine that... I got 2 of there HSW guages sitting on my toolbox that leak, I just bought 2 new ones from Ebay instead of having to deal with them, so much less stressfull.