Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous Oxide and tuning?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 04:08 PM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Default Nitrous Oxide and tuning?

Been thinking about nitrous after a stall for my auto. But I was wondering how the tune is gonna be for nitrous. When you get a tune for nitrous does that mean when your not using the nitrous the tune is gonna suck because the computer is no longer tuned for stock?
Old 07-09-2010, 05:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can make a in between tune
Old 07-09-2010, 05:40 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

It's all going to depend on the size shot you want to run and if the timing has been adjusted prior to you getting the nitorus on there. Just pulling out a couple of degree's for nitrous shouldn't hurt the car in any way when driving NA. You might lose a little power but thats about it.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:42 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris@NitroDaves
It's all going to depend on the size shot you want to run and if the timing has been adjusted prior to you getting the nitorus on there. Just pulling out a couple of degree's for nitrous shouldn't hurt the car in any way when driving NA. You might lose a little power but thats about it.
Just to back up what Chris said: I'm tuned for a 75 shot. My car made 420rwhp NA, and when they pulled timing for the nitrous I ended up with 400rwhp. I use the car as a DD and I have no complaints. There's no sluggishness, no added wear and tear, just the convenience of being able to spray at a moments notice.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:36 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Datankid069
Just to back up what Chris said: I'm tuned for a 75 shot. My car made 420rwhp NA, and when they pulled timing for the nitrous I ended up with 400rwhp. I use the car as a DD and I have no complaints. There's no sluggishness, no added wear and tear, just the convenience of being able to spray at a moments notice.
This helps a little for me. But its a big turnoff to know my car is always going to be tuned "inbetween" and not how it should be if I had nitrous. Its turning me away bigtime. Ill probly just do stall and cam hmmm
Old 07-10-2010, 09:06 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

If you want the best of both worlds then just get a timing tuner or the lingenfelter box to pull the timing when you spray. I have the lingenfelter box and I pull 8 degrees on a 200 shot with it. When you are on the motor you have your N/A tune and when you hit the button it pulls the desired amount of timing for you.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:13 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
If you want the best of both worlds then just get a timing tuner or the lingenfelter box to pull the timing when you spray. I have the lingenfelter box and I pull 8 degrees on a 200 shot with it. When you are on the motor you have your N/A tune and when you hit the button it pulls the desired amount of timing for you.
Alright now heres some info that really helps. So theres NOTHING else that changes in a tune n/a vs nitrous EXCEPT timeing?