Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick question about wiring (using Timing Tuner & Trick Performance V gauge)

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 01:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick question about wiring (using Timing Tuner & Trick Performance V gauge)

I am in the process of installing a Harris Speed Works wet plate kit on my 1999 Z28.

I will be using a Timing Tuner for these functions:
- RPM window switch
- timing retard

...and also a Trick Performance "V" gauge for these functions:
- air/ fuel gauge (I have a LC-1 wideband)
- bottle heater control with safety shut-off
- nitrous pressure gauge with programmable safety points

My question is: if I understand well, both the Timing Tuner (grey wire) and the "V" gauge (purple wire) need to connect to the same #85 pin on the nitrous relay, right? Is it OK to connect both on the same pin? I mean... the 2 devices won't interfere with each other, will they?
Old 07-15-2010, 02:06 PM
TECH Addict

My V-Gauge wiring

Unless there is a circle at a splice point, lines that cross are not spliced together.

I used a "System Relay" for the window Switch since I had two stages.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:09 AM
Truck Sponsor

Not sure what the timing tuner is doing with that input.
The purple wire is controlling the ground to the systems relay. In the event you hit a trip set point is shuts that wire ground off turning your system off.
If the timing tuners wire is doing the same thing as a shut down to that relay. YOU CAN NOT PUT THEM TOGETHER. You will need to run 2 relays in series so if either V or timing turner hit a trip point they can shut your system down.

Putting them together means they both have to trip to shut your system down.(not safe) Series allows either to do it..
Old 07-16-2010, 12:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks guys!

Originally Posted by TrickPerformanceProducts
Not sure what the timing tuner is doing with that input.
The purple wire is controlling the ground to the systems relay. In the event you hit a trip set point is shuts that wire ground off turning your system off.
If the timing tuners wire is doing the same thing as a shut down to that relay. YOU CAN NOT PUT THEM TOGETHER. You will need to run 2 relays in series so if either V or timing turner hit a trip point they can shut your system down.

Putting them together means they both have to trip to shut your system down.(not safe) Series allows either to do it..
The Timing Tuner cuts off nitrous before and after set RPMs (acting as a RPM window switch), therefore it sounds like I'm gonna have to run 2 relays in series as you suggest. Thanks so much for your help.

Quick Reply: Quick question about wiring (using Timing Tuner & Trick Performance V gauge)