Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Could I have gotten a bad batch/bottle?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 08:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Could I have gotten a bad batch/bottle?

Well I have had my nitrous running perfect. Then I went to a new shop to get my bottle filled, they were out, so I left the bottle and they went and got some more, I picked it up a few hrs. later. Hooked it up, and didn't use it for a few days. I met up with some cars and went to use it, I had 950 psi. on the gauge and as soon as it hit, it went so lean, my microedge started flashing and saying lean, it locked up the box, I had to shut the car off and restart it, and when it reset I tried it one more time and it did the same thing. I have the lean delay set for .5 sec. and a max of 14.0 a/f. I will check to make sure the fuel selonoid is working and shooting fuel, and I'll check the timing tricker to make sure the relay/resistor is good, It just seems like it could be the new batch of nitrous. So just curious has anyone ever had a bad batch?
Old 07-18-2010, 08:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Anyone? I checked the fuel selonoid, and it's firing. checked my timing tricker and it's working. everything seems to be working fine. PSI was close to 1000psi. Could that have been the problem? or could it still be something with the batch of nitrous? and I tried to move the fuel selenoid ground from the engine block to the neg. side of the battery, but when I put it on the neg. side of the battery, the selenoid would kick one, even with the key off. it was weird. So I moved the ground back to the block. I let my boy take my car to fill up the fuel the other day, I talked to him, and I think he put in 89 octane instead of the 91 for some reason, could that have been the problem?
Old 07-18-2010, 10:59 PM
TECH Regular

Damn you have nitrous problems up the a$$ it seems like! I've never heard of a "bad" fill.

Could be your wideband i guess.

Or.......you could go turbo and leave all this behind ya
Old 07-18-2010, 11:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 89ROC-Z
Damn you have nitrous problems up the a$$ it seems like! I've never heard of a "bad" fill.

Could be your wideband i guess.

Or.......you could go turbo and leave all this behind ya

Well its a new 02 for. The wideband. Could be the cheap 89 caseys gas my son pumped in it. I an thinking of taking it all out and selling it. And going turbo.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:23 AM
FormerVendor

Do your plugs confirm the wideband reading?

Nick
Old 07-19-2010, 08:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for responding Nick. wideband 02 sensor is about 2-3 weeks old. But I will pull the plugs when the engine cools down and see how they look, and get a pic or two. psi pressure was around 975psi. close to 1,000psi. when I hit it, I have the controller a/f lean shutoff set at 14.5 af. with a .5 sec. delay. could it have been alittle longer leanspike from the extra psi? should I set the delay shutoff to 1sec. or just a hair longer? And I will see how the plugs look. thanks for the help. Im sure im getting closer to getting the bugs worked out.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:52 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm sure that cheap 89 from Casey's isn't helping anything....i don't think water and **** mix well with nitrous..
Old 07-19-2010, 10:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

here are what the plugs look like.

Old 07-22-2010, 07:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Okay guys got her going. I talked to Nick at hsw, and he said to up the delay alittle from .5 sec. So I upped it to 1.5 sec. went out and hit it, and it was great to finally feel it hit again. Im sure I have almost all of the bugs worked out of it. I think I will have a shorted line from the fuel selenoid to the plate made to help with the lean spike at the beginning. I watched the a/f gauge and it was in the 11.5-11.2 range at the top of the rpm's in 3rd. when I let off. does that seem about right?
Old 07-22-2010, 07:56 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 06blackGTO
Okay guys got her going. I talked to Nick at hsw, and he said to up the delay alittle from .5 sec. So I upped it to 1.5 sec. went out and hit it, and it was great to finally feel it hit again. Im sure I have almost all of the bugs worked out of it. I think I will have a shorted line from the fuel selenoid to the plate made to help with the lean spike at the beginning. I watched the a/f gauge and it was in the 11.5-11.2 range at the top of the rpm's in 3rd. when I let off. does that seem about right?
Let me know if you need any bottle refills. We have a lot of nitrous coming in the next week or so. Also you can bring your plugs with ya and we can take a look at them for you.

Brad
Old 07-22-2010, 08:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Brad@NANO Direct
Let me know if you need any bottle refills. We have a lot of nitrous coming in the next week or so. Also you can bring your plugs with ya and we can take a look at them for you.

Brad

Will do. Thanks..
Old 07-22-2010, 08:34 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 06blackGTO
Happy to get you going again. Replied to your last PM.

Nick

Quick Reply: Could I have gotten a bad batch/bottle?