Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Resistor Mod (Yeah I know again)

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 10:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Resistor Mod (Yeah I know again)

I have a 2002 Z06 with a 238/242 615/615 CAM. KOOKs, CAI, Monster Clutch, blah blah.

My question is this:

I have an NX Wet ket. I would like to use the resistor mod to pull timing when the noids spray. I'm going to be using a window switch set for 3500-6000 RPM.

I can't really tell from the diagrams I've seen if this can be done to run off the noid or do I need a separate switch to activate the relay. And which relay do I use?

Am I completely lost here?

Thanks

Sarge
Old 07-20-2010, 10:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Any pics of how this is done? Maybe that will clear the water for me.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Okay thanks to 06blackGTO.

I'm doing my own diagram for an 02 Z06. I'll take install pics as well for others that have the same questions I did.

I color coded the A and B for easier identification for my model year.

Old 07-21-2010, 04:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You probably know this but relay terminal 85 needs to be connected to your arming switch, not directly to power.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Gary Z
You probably know this but relay terminal 85 needs to be connected to your arming switch, not directly to power.
Yeah I thought that went without saying but anyway this will be connected to a HSW Microedge controller so it will actually be getting power from that.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:09 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is important that the IAT resistor relay be connected directly to the arming switch and NOT to the microEdge or the WOT switch. The reason is that the PCM only reads IAT twice per second. This means that if the resistor relay is energized at the same time as your nitrous solenoids there could be a half-second delay before timing is pulled. Connecting the resister relay to armed power prevents this delay and enables your "nitrous tune" for the entire run.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Gary Z
It is important that the IAT resistor relay be connected directly to the arming switch and NOT to the microEdge or the WOT switch. The reason is that the PCM only reads IAT twice per second. This means that if the resistor relay is energized at the same time as your nitrous solenoids there could be a half-second delay before timing is pulled. Connecting the resister relay to armed power prevents this delay and enables your "nitrous tune" for the entire run.
That's a good point. Thanks.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

He might have a point, I have mine running to the microedge, and it as soon as it starts spraying, the timing gets pulled instantly. I know because I used a scanner when I did some runs, and was looking straight at the scanner. and when I do testing/dry runs in the garage, the timing gets pulled immediately. Of course theres always that chance. Sorry Sarge, I didn't get pics. of my timing tricker install. But I would def. keep the relay off of the hot engine, Like I was telling you, I have mine mounted to the firewall. Good luck. Lonnie

Quick Reply: Resistor Mod (Yeah I know again)