Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What makes one wideband better than another?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 01:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What makes one wideband better than another?

Old subject I'm sure. I see that the Bosch 4.9 02 sensor is touted as superior to the older version. Is this the key or are other factors at play. I see LC1 as an accurate setup & than glowshift has one with the 4.9 sensor for a lot less $. The only data I see is from 2008's ford shootout where they tested about 8 of the top brands out there. I know data logging capabilities are important & some don't have that capability. I'm getting ready to get one for use with the lean cut off feature with my microEdge but would also like to have one that is fairly accurate if not more than to fill the second hole in the duel gauge pod. I already have a fuel pressure gauge from glowshift that is really cool. I need to fill the other empty hole soon. ( btw I'm looking at an aem $200 or the glowshift setup which I can get shipped as new for $180)
Old 08-01-2010, 02:01 PM
9 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

In most cases it's not the physical sensor that makes it accurate or not, it's the controllers ability to control the heater and interpret the data the sensor gives. NGK AFX is the most accurate consumer wideband under $300!