Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ZEX MNU Insides Plus Rewire for MSD Window Switch

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 04:54 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ZEX MNU Insides Plus Rewire for MSD Window Switch

Well after searching forever i could not find any pictures of the Zex box dissembled. So i decided to see what it looks like.

I will be running a MSD Window Switch with a Zex Kit but did not like the way you have to hook it up at all. I don't like the idea of cutting the entire power supply to the box/WOT Switch. I would like the TPS Switch to stay on if i am at WOT and the window switch to only allow the solenoids to come on in the window. Plus i will stop spraying right before my shift so the box would have its power cut multiple times on a single run.
This will also allow you to calibrate the box without having to jump/bypass the window switch all the time as well.

I AM TESTING THIS OUT. No idea if it will work yet or not.

Reason for trying this: void cutting main power to nmu, easier programing WOT Switch, overall imo smarter/safer.

Zex NMU Insides

Solenoid wires

Went ahead and cut and labled all the wires to find out whats positive, negative and switched.

Zex switches the ground on the solenoids (duh). and the positive is straight through. I will be using a relay that is switched on and off by the MSD Window Switch to power the solenoids. The noids will be powered by and separate power wire then the NMU its self.

More to come...... Damn work...
Old 08-07-2010, 04:55 PM
12 Second Club

Reserved.....
Old 08-07-2010, 05:02 PM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

to connect a window switch to the ZEX NMU you run the TPS wire through pin/30 & 87of a relay....this leaves the power constant at the box.
Old 08-07-2010, 05:07 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ray@Nitrous Outlet
to connect a window switch to the ZEX NMU you run the TPS wire through pin/30 & 87of a relay....this leaves the power constant at the box.
Agreed. This is possible as well. But you would still have to bypass the window switch to program it, which is easy but i would like to not interfere with the tps signal at all. I have had problems with the tps sensor in the past with my neon srt that i dont want to deal with again.

Quick Reply: ZEX MNU Insides Plus Rewire for MSD Window Switch